HRBP - Sr Dir- Secaucus, New Jersey - Monday-Friday
Partner to design and implement a sustainable organization that supports growth, quality and productivity by:
- Driving the People strategy
- Leveraging human capital to increase organizational capability and service delivery
- Facilitating employee advocacy and fostering employee engagement
Partners with business/functional leaders to influence the design and execution of the business strategy by providing consultative support and leadership. Translates the business plan into talent and organizational plans and drives for results by building organizational capability and performance.
- Build relationships with senior level clients. Is a trusted and credible partner who anticipates needs and proactively recommend solutions.
- Serves as an active member of the senior leadership team in assigned business/function and is able to influence and challenge others at this level
- Has a solid understanding of current and future business trends, both internal and external
- Serves as executive coach providing guidance and consultation to leadership
Strategy & Planning:
- Consults with senior leaders to develop and execute business strategy to build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures and process. Provides strategic direction and influences at all levels in order to drive implementation of the strategy
- Translates the business plan into talent and organizational plan (e.g. owns the People Strategy for assigned business to include: organizational re-design, strategic workforce planning, total rewards solutions, succession planning and talent management, organizational development and employee engagement of workforce)
- Optimizes transformational change efforts by providing consulting support, guidance and a framework for leading and managing change
- Responsible for succession planning / pipeline to ensure leadership talent in support the business strategy
- Partners with and influences HR Centers of Excellence and HR Service Center to ensure the business is receiving optimal service and value added programs that are aligned with business strategy.
- Use outcome based metrics supplied by HR Service Center to identify trends and influence the business
Business Based Outcomes:
- Ensures strong leadership teams in place and plays a key role in recruiting senior level talent.
- Drives toward strong organizational performance as evidenced by business measures such as productivity, quality and service
- Drives toward optimal culture that facilitates employees’ success. This includes Engagement, Diversity & Inclusion.
- Drives for high performance work environment that makes the organization a great place to work and delivers results
People Management & HR Development:
- Responsible for leading, coaching and developing a team of HR Business Partners in support of overall Human Resources and business strategy
- Key member of the HR community working to develop the HR Business Partner role, including staying abreast of current HR trends and best practices.
Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by:
- BA/BS in HR or related field; Master’s in HR/MBA or related field preferred
- SPHR certification strongly preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office products and HR systems
- Understanding of state and federal labor laws and regulations
- Highly developed and effective leadership and strategic influencing skills
- Ability to work effectively with mid-level to senior members of the organization
- 10+ years Human Resources experience including 3+ years managing exempt level HR staff.
- (With Master’s Degree: 8 years, 3+ years managing exempt level HR staff)
- Ability to travel 10 - 40% of the time (varies by assignment)
- Business acumen
- Strategic agility
- Drive for results
- Decision quality
- Managerial courage
- Organizational savvy
- Influencing others
- Developing direct reports
- Dealing with ambiguity