We seek a Health Benefits Data Analyst, Pharmacy Benefits to join the Segal National Health 26ndash; Pharmacy Benefits Consulting Practice.
Join a team that provides trusted advice that improves lives. Our Healthcare Data Informatics Analyst focused on Pharma will be a key contributor in a segment of our employee benefits business that is undergoing significant growth and is viewed as integral to the Company26rsquo;s client value proposition. Primary responsibilities will involve analyzing pharmacy benefits claims experience, client-based products and services to enhance consulting capabilities, deliverables and services on a national level. Join a team that provides trusted advice that improves lives.
- Utilizing tools and techniques to measure the effectiveness of PBM and Healthcare company cost as well as utilization management programs and clinical services.
- Assisting with technical review and analysis of data, contracts, financial arrangements and program effectiveness.
- Collaborating with the lead Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) consultant on client assignments and managing client projects and service delivery initiatives (e.g., audits, negotiations, contract reviews, etc.).
- At least one year of SQL, SAS or programming experience is preferred and knowledge of Power BI or similar program is very helpful. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Access is extremely helpful
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and identify problems and develop solutions in routine and complex situations
- Demonstrated database experience and manipulating and analyzing large data sets
- 0 to 3 years of financial experience within a PBM and/or benefits consulting environment providing technical review and analysis of PBM data, contracts, financial arrangements and PBM program effectiveness is helpful but not required
- Knowledge of PBM providers, products, services, financial, data reporting, contracting and negotiating elements and processes is helpful but not required
- Bachelor26rsquo;s degree in business, actuarial science, mathematics or a related discipline
- Strong technical/analytical and creative problem solving skills. Ability to look into the data with curiosity in order to identify patterns and solutions.
- Demonstrated detailed-oriented project management and multi-tasking abilities. Effective communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Previous internships in industry and knowledge of pharmacy or PBM industry a plus.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Segal:
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.