- Responsible for assisting in the ongoing development and implementation of HSE processes to ensure effective risk control and compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws, regulations and standards.
- Assists in the implementation and maintenance of HSE procedures to protect employees and prevent incidents.
- Conducts job safety analyses, machine guarding and other assessments and recommends corrective actions to mitigate risk.
- Conducts required training as mandated by safety and environmental regulations and company policy (ex: HazCom, Lockout/Tag out, PPE, Ergonomics, Machine Guarding, Electrical Safety, Emergency Evacuation, etc.).
- Conducts incident investigations and collects data and prepares environmental, health and safety reports, such as air emissions, hazard waste, storm water, tier II and accident/incident reports.
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative industrial hygiene assessments and provides site-level HSE training.
- Conducts ergonomic assessments and develops corrective action plans.
- Ensures that Sub-contractors participate in all aspects of the Contractor HSE program, verifying training/certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Zero to three years of HSE experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Education and experience in HSE programs; with specific regard to Lockout/Tagout and Machine Guarding Programs
- Ability to partner effectively with the line organization to drive accountability for safety and zero incident mentality.
- Team player with a strong commitment to the HSE profession.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Develops effective working relationships which foster integrity, trust and respect.
- Familiarity with the MS Office suite of applications is a plus.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Currently enrolled in an accredited related degree program