As a Research Associate you will be responsible for:
- Learning and assisting with general data collection processes to gather contact, availability and healthcare information from identified websites and reference materials in order to appropriately respond to basic client and member questions in regards to healthcare related matters
- This role supports the Customer Service team with detailed information about health providers and health plans. Health Advocate provides training, you supply the willingness to learn
- Research, identify, and document primary care physicians’, dentists’, and specialist’s information into the department database to ensure accurate material is available to clients and members
- This will include navigating insurance websites
- Learning and developing basic understanding of the department information system, researching member’s questions and answers, validating resources for information collection, and following established policies and procedures
- High School Degree or GED required
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, liberal arts, public health, healthcare management, or a related field preferred
- Minimum one year experience in a customer service role, ideally related to a healthcare environment is preferred
- Minimum one year experience utilizing general office equipment such as a phone and computer is preferred
- Previous experience compiling data and creating reports is preferred
- Strong communication skills and phone etiquette
- Strong ability to explain complex issues to members in simple, understandable terms
- Highly effective listening skills
- Strong problems solving/issue resolution skills
- Excellent customer service and customer resolution skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
A successful incumbent in the job will be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
West is connecting people and ideas.
We are delivering on their potential.
We are improving the way we work and live.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled