Are you an enthusiastic, goal-oriented Human Resources professional who can lead projects, enforce policy, multi-task, and uphold programs in the manufacturing industry? Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
The Human Resources team is searching for ambitious personnel to join their everyday mission to discover, hire, and retain great talent. These personnel are the conduit for positive employee relations, performance management, and focal point for benefits/compensation. You would be instrumental in achieving Smithfield’s goal to become the #1 consumer packaged goods company in the world!
The Benefit Compliance Generalist supports the healthcare compliance practice. This role is responsible for collecting data and preparing reports and presentations that support compliance filings, related communications and education, and union negotiations. The position reports to the Senior Manager Healthcare Compliance.Core Responsibilities
- Prepares regulatory required employee facing communications (e.g. SBCs for all Company sponsored medical plans);
- Maintains compliance document inventory and ensures that all documents are reviewed/updated at prescribed intervals;
- Prepares compliance related communications, educational materials and training presentations for customer service, benefit administration and customer service staff;
- Reviews and documents benefit related processes, suggests new procedures to continually improve the efficacy of the department;
- Prepares reports by collecting, validating and organizing data required for all healthcare related regulatory compliance activities including, but not limited to, non-discrimination testing, 5500 filings, ACA reporting, CMS filings and State-mandated healthcare reform reporting;
- Collects, validates and organizes data to support labor negotiations;
- Provides coordination support for the annual on-site health fair;Supports other compliance related projects and initiatives, as may be assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year university or college and 3+ years’ experience in benefit administration or related field, required.
- Knowledge of State and Federal healthcare and privacy related laws and regulations a plus.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in written communications.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits