Respiratory Therapists assigned to a pulmonary rehabilitation program perform diagnostic cardiopulmonary evaluations and respiratory therapy treatments designed to care for patients with deficiencies and dysfunctions of the cardiopulmonary system.
(RT / Respiratory Therapist / CRT / Certified Respiratory Therapist / RRT / Registered Respiratory Therapist / Respiratory Care / Respiratory Services / Healthcare / Pulmonary Rehab / Pulmonary Rehabilitation)
The therapist's essential duties include:
- Performing pulmonary function tests and cardiopulmonary stress tests to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Administering clinical care including aerosol medications, breathing exercises, dyspnea management, therapeutic exercises, psychosocial assessment/management, work simplification strategies and assistive technologies
- Educating patients on disease prevention, lung health and medication compliance
- Documenting accurate and complete clinical information in the patient's medical record and billing documents
- Accurately completing billing records for diagnostic and respiratory care procedures
- Communicating assessments and updates on the patients' Plan of Care ("POC") with members of the healthcare team and referring physicians
- Demonstrating appropriate interpersonal skills to work productively with patients, families physicians and healthcare team
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment by complying with all applicable rules, regulations and procedures for safety management and infection control
- Scheduling patients' appointments for diagnostic and respiratory care services
- Accepting directives and compliance with all company policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate of Science or Bachelor of Science graduate of a Committee on Accreditation of Respiratory Care ("COARC") approved program of respiratory care
- Minimum of twelve months of recent and relevant healthcare experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Licensed to practice respiratory therapy by the state board of professional regulation for work site
- Minimum of national certification as a Certified Respiratory Therapist ("CRT") by the National Board of Respiratory Care ("NBRC") required, and registration as a Registered Respiratory Therapist ("RRT") by the NBRC preferred
- Certification in Basic Life Support ("BLS") required and Advanced Life Support ("ALS") preferred
- Though not required, certification and/or registration as a Pulmonary Function Technologist ("CPFT/RPFT") by the NBRC would be an asset
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, as well as talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIORNMENT: The work environment may include assignments in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient care centers, and skilled nursing facilities. The noise level in these work environments is usually minimal.
Lincare is an equal opportunity employer, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lincare provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Because Lincare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/Disabled/Veterans