Structures/Sheet Metal Mechanics
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
DURATION: Long-term contract
SALARY: Up to $29/hr, plus $1000 sign-on bonus
BENEFITS: Health, Retirement
We are currently looking for Structures Mechanics in the Tampa, FL area. This is a long-term contract position with great benefits (health and retirement), pay up to $29/hr, plus a $1000 sign-on bonus! Also, ask us about housing!
- Fabricate, repair, replace and rebuild aircraft parts and structures on commercial aircraft in compliance with policies, manuals, procedures and requirements.
- Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications.
- Remove and reinstall repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or fastening, using clamps, wrenches and other common tools.
- Read work orders, blueprints and specifications or examine sample or damaged parts or structures to determine repairs or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Locate and mark dimension and reference lines on defective or replacement parts, using templates, scribes, compass, and steel rule.
- Clean, strip, prime, and sand structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding.
- Repair defective sections or parts, using metal fabricating machines, saws, brakes, shears, drills and grinders.
- Remove or cut out defective parts or drill holes to gain access to internal defects or damages, using drill and punch.
- Removal and installation of various types of fasteners such as rivets, hi-locks etc.
- Implement modifications as per provided work instructions and blueprints
- Drilling of different materials such as composites, aluminum and titanium
- Composite repairs such as potting, plugging and surface repairs
- Application of various adhesive and sealants
- Additional job-related duties as required.