The Help Desk Technician provides real-time 24x7 support to thousands of client desktops and devices around the United States and other countries. The Help Desk Technician will report to the Help Desk Service Delivery Manager and provide remote technical guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on customer questions, problems or malfunctions of all PC and MAC-related issues with a goal of first contact resolution
- Support Windows and MAC desktop and laptop computers via phone, chat, and email
- Assist with general access and connectivity issues
- Support and solve desktop application issues; elevate to Level 2 as needed
- Basic administration of user accounts and groups
- Take ownership of trouble tickets, working and tracking issues to resolution
- Record detailed information into Service Desk ticketing system
- Support for mobile devices such as iPhones, Blackberries, and Android phones
- Occasionally act as a liaison between Partners/Clients and NOC team in India
- Utilize support applications to ensure timely resolution of client issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in a Service or Help Desk Desk/Support Center environment
- Excellent knowledge of Windows operating systems, Apple operating systems
- Proficient in Active Directory
- Knowledge of network basics
- Knowledge of VPN basics
- Excellent communication, written and verbal are vital for communication via phone, chat, and email
- Excellent customer service skills required
- College or Technical Institute degree in Information Technology or other related discipline required. May be substituted by 2 or more years of experience in a Help Desk/Call Center environment.
- IT Certifications (Apple, Microsoft, CompTIA, ITIL, HDI etc.) preferred
- This position requires flexibility to work a variety of shifts (you would have advance notice regarding your hours)
- The position is a contract to hire opportunity. It is a 6 month contract with the opportunity for permanent placement and promotion based on performance!
- The starting pay rate is $18/hr.
- The company offers a fun, dynamic team culture
- Medical, vision, & dental benefits are offered during the contract period. Other benefits are available if you become a permanent team member.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.