Ledgent Technology, a Roth Staffing Company is looking for an IT Helpdesk Support Specialist!
Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to provide technical support for customers. When it won't turn on, when it won't turn off, or when the screen does that weird blinky thing--that's when they're going to be calling you!
This position will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of all computer workstations and associated software within the organization's departments. Various duties being the triage to all "break/fix' support requests, resolving of issues, and escalation of issues out to the appropriate expert. The Help Desk Technician is the main point of contact for employees who are experiencing computer issues.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Respond to assigned help desk requests and provide solutions for reported employee problems.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems; perform problem escalation, if required.
- Monitor internal requests and system notifications for proactive response and communication of any outages or system downtime.
- Participate on help desk special projects, complete tasks and ensure they are completed on time and to specifications.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Write training manuals and train computer users of varying levels of experience with technology.
- Catalogue and inventory all hardware and software applications.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Respond to email messages for employees seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem and walk employees through problem- solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software including clean of computers.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with employees to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Gain feedback from employees about computer usage.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
- 2-3 years Help Desk or Computer Technician experience.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system.
- Experience with the following technologies: Google Apps, MS Office, Adobe Suites.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently, remotely and within a team environment.
- Must be willing to work flexible schedule.
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Associates degree or currently enrolled in IT courses of study is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.