Hematopathologist - AMP- Augusta, Georgia - Mon-Fri
Our new Hematopathologist will join a team of 5 pathologists working in a hospital. They will become accustomed to variable volumes and have ability to sign out cases for flows, lymph-nodes, lymphomas, all heme and surgicals.
Provide professional oversight and direction of clinical pathology services including quality assurance functions, medical directorship where indicated (per CLIA), and technical direction as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide accurate and timely diagnosis of the presence and stage of disease from a tissue specimen, utilizing appropriate laboratory procedures. Confers with other physicians as needed.
• Be familiar with and able to recommend clinically appropriate advanced diagnostic testing such as molecular and genetic studies.
• Assigns the appropriate Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and the appropriate ICD-10 codes for the service(s) provided and the diagnosis rendered, following authoritative coding guidelines and Company coding policies.
• Takes the initiative to improve quality in the work place. Participates in and coordinates activities of QA/QI to ensure quality care and evaluates the effectiveness of quality assurance policies and procedures to enhance standards and excellence of service in the laboratory and Company.
• Actively builds upon education and experience through Continuing Medical Education (CME) to maintain licensure/credentials.
• Manages medical, associate, and financial resources wisely. Provides others with the support necessary to successfully accomplish daily activities while monitoring and controlling costs.
• Provides advice to referring physicians regarding the clinical significance of laboratory findings
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information concerning patients, physicians, employees, clients, vendors, and the Company.
• Provide educational services, conferences, and instruction where required.
• Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as Company rules, polices, and procedural manuals.
• MD or DO degree plus accredited pathology residency.
• Must be board certified in anatomic/clinical pathology and Hematopathology
• 2-3 years post residency experience desired.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Ability to spend consecutive hours with continued focus, interpreting tissues and cellular preparations through a microscope.
• Ability to visually, audibly, and physically perform all job functions.
Technical Training or Professional Licensing
• Must hold valid unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state where practice is located or be eligible to obtain licensure.
• Must hold active privileges in facility where any inpatient work is interpreted.
• Strong customer focus and understanding of laboratory operations.
• Ability to communicate with decision makers in the laboratory and Company.