Hematopathologist – Chantilly, VA
AmeriPath is a leading national provider of anatomic pathology, molecular diagnostic and healthcare information services for the detection, diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of cancer and other medical conditions. AmeriPath has over 400 highly trained, board-certified pathologists and Ph.D. level scientists providing services to physicians, hospitals, clinical laboratories and ambulatory surgery centers across the United States.
Quest Diagnostics MidAtlantic/Chantilly, VA is seeking an AP/CP Hematopathologist to work with a team of 10 pathologists. The ideal candidate will handle high complexity testing in a high throughput lab environment. The primary focus will be on hematopathology cases, including flow cytometry, bone marrow and lymph node morphology, consults and peripheral smears.
• MD or DO degree plus accredited pathology residency
• Certification in anatomic and clinical pathology is preferred, certification in anatomic pathology is required
• Subspecialty board certification in hematopathology desired
• 2-3 years post residency experience desired
• Ability to spend consecutive hours with continued focus, interpreting cases through a microscope
• Ability to visually, audibly, and physically perform all job functions
• Must hold valid unrestricted license to practice medicine in VA or be eligible to obtain licensure
• Strong customer focus and understanding of laboratory operations
• Ability to communicate with decision makers in the laboratory and Company
Chantilly, VA is located about 20 miles west of Washington D.C. offering ready access to top public-school systems, sports, parks, museums and cultural activities.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Inquiries can be directed to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]