Assists other Herd Technicians in routine animal care and general farm tasks to ensure the welfare/well-being of the animals. Tasks include farm sanitation, animal removal, and animal movement. Employee may operate mowers, tractors, trucks, bus, and other farm equipment as directed. May be in training for advanced Herd Technician designation. The Herdsperson position will also provide for the care of all animals at the designated work site, particularly their health, growth, and breeding.
* High School diploma or GED preferred.
* Previous livestock handing helpful.
* Ability to do hard physical labor.
* Strong Commitment to team work.
* Willingness to shower daily in and out of facility.
* Ability to follow instructions and deal with standardized situations.
* Must be able to work an average 48 hour work week, which can vary frequently.
* Weekend, evening, and holiday work required as needed.
* Must be on call for emergency situations to include but not limit to, power outages or personnel shortages.