University Instructors, Inc. (UI) is currently seeking experienced educators to provide intensive support to Senior High School students in support of English, Math, History, and Science.
The ideal candidate has experience teaching students within a high school settings. The ideal candidate is willing to collaborate and is knowledgeable about recent research in pedagogy in the field of English, Math, History or Science. Additionally, the candidate should possess sensitivity to the developmental stages and wel lbeing of children and have a willingness to be flexible in terms of teaching assignment within the school setting.
- Provide push in and/or pull out instruction to students.
- Assist in ongoing monitoring of student progress.
- Assist in developing support plans for students and work with classroom teachers to implement plans.
- Work with classroom teachers to support differentiated instruction.
- Willingness to be flexible in terms of teaching assignment within the school setting.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and teaching strategies to meet different aptitudes and interests of students.
- Assist in compiling and maintaining a profile summary (record of achievement and progress) for each student.
- Assist in gathering and reporting data for reporting requirements and other required reports (RPS and UI).
- Maintain ongoing program of professional growth that satisfies personal expectations as a professional.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in relevant content area
- Be committed to meeting the needs of a diverse student population
- Have a track record of being a team player and community minded.