Histology Supv- West Hills, California - M-F
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Histology laboratory and supervision of the technical and support staff. In conjunction with the Department Manager, ensures that all departmental policies and procedures meet the standards of current state and federal regulations.
1. Coordinate and supervise the Histotechs, Lab Aides, Grossing Personnel, and other support staff.
2. Schedule and maintain adequate coverage and effective utilization of personnel.
3. Monitor and control expenses in line with department budget.
4. Assist in the preparation of the budget and recommend capital equipment needs.
5. Maintain appropriate levels of supplies and reagents commensurate with workload.
6. Provide technical instructions and training of personnel in techniques, instrumentation, and organization of work.
7. Maintain a current procedure manual, reviewing and revising as needed.
8. Interview and select potential employees in conjunction with the Manager.
9. Write and conduct employee performance evaluations.
10. Ensure that all employees follow all company and department policies; initiate performance improvement with employees, as needed.
11. Participate in company meetings and conduct departmental meetings, when applicable.
12. Maintain equipment and instruments in good operating condition, recognize any malfunctions and troubleshoot.
13. Communicates with the Histopathology Technical Supervisor and Senior Medical Director/Laboratory Director as appropriate.
14. Maintain attendance records; approve overtime and vacation time.
15. Ensure proper time record editing.
16. Ensure the technical quality, so that the Pathologists can adequately evaluate prepared slides.
17. Ensure that all outstanding cases are reconciled.
18. Engage in client contact, as applicable.
19. Maintain appropriate Quality Assurance documentation.
20. Ensure that all employees comply with all safety regulations, including personal protective equipment.
21. Complete successfully all personnel departmental training and competency assessments.
22. Interact with medical transcription staff, as applicable
23. Facilitate and develop continuing education.
24. Perform special projects, as assigned by the department manager.
25. Provide backup for bench Histotechnicians/Histotechnologists in sectioning and staining.
26. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
27. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations
28. Other duties, as assigned by manager.
BS degree in Biological/Physical sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3-6 years experience as a Histotechnologist, with 1-2 years in a leadership role preferred. Special
1. Meet all of the qualifications listed in the Minimum Qualifications for Histology Laboratory Supervisor SOP.
2. HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP)