Histotechnician I- Newtown Square, Pennsylvania -
** SIGN ON BONUS**
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
- Under general supervision and according to policies and procedures, performs routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides, for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s)
- Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
- Ensure proper tissue processing.
- May perform limited embedding and microtomy under general supervision, as needed.
- Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
- Perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
- Prepare solutions and reagents for special stains under general supervision, as needed.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of non-complex equipment.
- Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
- Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies, and document all quality control activities.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Education or equivalent
- 1 year experience in a histology laboratory within the last ten years
- HT (ASCP) or ASCP eligible or five years of full time experience in the last 10
Key Word Search: tissue processing, embedding, microtomy, Hematoxylin, Eosin, stain, coverslip, slides.