Histotechnologist I - CA- West Hills, California - Tuesday-Saturday OR Tuesday-Friday PART TIME
SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
- Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s), according to policies and procedures.
- Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnician I and II.
- Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
- Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
- Ensure proper tissue processing.
- Embed processed tissue in paraffin.
- Perform microtomy of embedded tissue.
- Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
- Perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
- Prepare solutions and reagents for special stain procedures.
- Obtain and validate tissue used in special stains.
- Perform all special stain procedures.
- May prepare solutions and reagents for IHC procedures.
- May obtain and validate control material used in IHC procedures.
- May perform IHC testing
- Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and troubleshoot minor equipment failures. Document remedial actions such as repairs or repeated tests.
- Provide training and guidance to Histotechnicians, students and lab aides.
- Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies and document all quality control activities.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
- AA or AS degree or equivalent training and experience
- 1-3 years’ experience as a Histotechnician
- HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP) If performing Immunohistochemistry testing, meet all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Personnel Performing Immunohistochemistry Testing SOP.
Key Word Search:
- Histology, IHC, Grossing, Embedding, Microtomy, Histotechnician, Histotechnologist