IT Business Analyst - Home Building Properties Group - Maryville, TN
IT Business Analyst – Home Building Properties Group
At Clayton, a Senior Business Analyst serves as a liaison between various business units and Tech to define business processes, translate business needs into technical requirements, and identify and implement process improvement opportunities. This position may also document stakeholder requirements, measure/monitor process efficiency, develop project plans, and assist with communication programs and training.
Clayton’s Home Building Group includes three distinct divisions: Manufacturing, Supply, and Properties. This role will support the Clayton Properties group, a collection of ten stand-alone companies that offer on-site building options for our customers. This is a new position that will be instrumental in defining the roadmap and strategy for working directly with MiTek, a company the provides the software that some of our building partners utilize. The position reports to the Portfolio Manager for Clayton Properties in the Home Building Group Tech department. This role will help to shape the future of our relationship and interaction with MiTek and how we as a “single voice” will leverage their software solutions.
- Review business processes and make recommendations/implement changes to improve and support business activities.
- Provide leadership for the implementation of process improvement opportunities by mapping out process changes, defining requirements and scope, and proactively communicating project vision to business leaders, stakeholders, and users.
- Will facilitate and prioritize needs of our building partners to and with MiTek to ensure the best user experience and functionality to contribute to their success.
- Work effectively with business leaders and subject matter experts across Clayton Properties and other third-party companies in a collaborative manner, building constructive and effective relationships.
- Work with internal departments (Home Building Group, ETO, DEA) to ensure coordination and collaboration across projects, programs, systems and tools.
- Develop and maintain projects plans/backlogs to facilitate progress reports and ensure deliverables are met.
- Translate stakeholder requirements into technical specifications that can be used for development breaking down technical complexities so that they can be easily understood by business units and end users.
- Assist subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Create current state and target state documentation around processes, tools, and systems.
- Work with third parties (e.g. MiTek) to prioritize Sapphire/BuilderMT requirements across all Clayton Properties, to serve as one voice for Clayton.
- Hold requirements sessions with Clayton Properties team members, clearly documenting the business requirements and defining a collaborative prioritization approach that all Properties can adopt.
- Define CPG-wide value-adding solutions and execute them by partnering with Clayton and MiTek team members.
- Ensure process documentation remains current.
- Act as a resource for others with less experience.
- Ability to translate stakeholder requirements into technical specifications that can be used for development, breaking down technical complexities so that they can be easily understood by business units and end users.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of team members, including executives, managers, IT professionals, and subject matter experts.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Experience in project management, process mapping, group facilitation, data gathering and analysis, and phases of project life cycle (requirements gathering, design, development, deployment, training, and measuring effectiveness.)
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Including Intermediate in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience/knowledge of MiTek’s Sapphire Build, MS Solomon/Dynamics and Sales Simplicity
- Excellent skills at documenting process flows and creating current state and future state documentation
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical and business experience.
Desired Skills (Not Required):
- Experience/knowledge of MiTek’s Builder MT, Lasso, Marks Systems (IHMS), Blackpoint, Auto-CAD, Frild Point, Sage and DocuSign.
- Intermediate to strong SQL query skills.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma (Black Belt)/Scrum Product Owner from a recognized institute.
- Experience in a Manufacturing or Home Building environment
- Four or more years of experience as a business analyst.
- Project Management skills and ability to context switch with ease as demand changes.
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off days and holidays
- Wellness Programs and On-site fitness facility
- On-site restaurant
- Team Share Quarterly Bonus
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804
JobCategory: Information Technology