The Home Equity Specialist coordinates the processing, closing and funding of approved real estate home equity loans to ensure daily processing and funding of home equity products are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner within established Service Level agreements. The incumbent ensures a timely flow of information and documentation, in support of requirements for offering quality and efficient Mortgage Lending products and services. The incumbent serves as a source to the Retail Branch staff in the proficient handling of complex processing issues and questions relating to collateralized loans.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Collaborates with Retail Banking to ensure a seamless and efficient member experience.
- Reviews all requested stipulations to ensure funding conditions are met.
- Prepares and processes requests for collateral documents including title, appraisal, flood and demands.
- Prepares initial disclosures for fixed home equity loans.
- Reviews appraisal and appraisal review for correctness, resolves discrepancies, and works with member and sales staff to resolve any disputes with value. May determine available equity in regards to Loan to Value ratios.
- Reviews title reports received to insure we will be in correct position, works with members and sales staff to resolve issues with vesting and liens, and is able to effectively resolve complex title situations.
- Reviews flood certificates, prepares flood notifications, and works with members and sales staff to obtain flood insurance.
- Works directly with escrow and title companies to secure clear title and vesting for lien position.
- Works with members and sales staff to obtain any needed funding stipulations, including mortgage statements, paystubs and mortgage insurance documents, and to resolve any issues.
- Performs final review of collateral documents and stipulations for correct documentation and verifications to proceed to preparation of closing loan documentation.
- Prepares home equity loan closing documents and forwards them to the appropriate branch or signing destination for member's signature.
- Funds home equity loans and deposits or transmits funds in accordance with settlement instructions.
- Forwards closed and funded files to the Mortgage Servicing Department.
- Coordinates and interacts with title firms for verification of recording documents and discussion of issues.
- Acts as a primary contact with branch staff through the closing and funding loan process.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education: High school diploma (or equivalent). Bachelor's degree in a related business discipline (or equivalent work experience) preferred.
Experience: 3+ years' increasing experience in related disciplines, with an emphasis on processing mortgage loan products in a credit union or financial institution. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Self-starter with an understanding of home equity loan products, programs, applications, laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external business partners.
- Knowledge of managing home equity loan applications through an automated system.
- Solid analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and multitasking abilities.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.