Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Certified Home Health Aide is a non-exempt employee trained to provide personal care and services to the terminally ill to augment that care given by family members. Functions under the direct instruction and supervision of the VITAS nurse and/or the VITAS Team Manager.
- Hands on personal care
- Assistance in ambulation or exercises
- Assistance in administering medications that are ordinarily self-administered
- Assisting primary caregiver to learn basic patient care through demonstration of care techniques
- Observes, reports and accurately documents patient care activities
- Shift: Day Shift, including weekends
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program
- Qualified candidates must have one (1) year direct patient care experience in acute or sub acute care.
- Good documentation skills required.
- Ability to travel per job requirement.
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation and automobile insurance.
- CNA certification in the state the program is located is required.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.