Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Home Retention Specialist I at our Frisco, TX location. The primary purpose of this job is to be responsible for daily mortgage collection efforts. Specialists will communicate with members in pursuit of delinquency alternatives. While ensuring the highest level of customer service, duties will include; maintaining regular account follow-ups for both hardship resolutions and/or payments of outstanding mortgage balances.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, handling interactions with mortgage members and processing communications needed through various channels.
- Maintaining servicing protocols including, but not limited to Investor or Insurer, Federal and State servicing guidelines and requirements.
- Meeting established servicer performance benchmarks.
- Review open accounts for collection and skip trace efforts.
- Collect member’s payments in accordance with payment due dates
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate internal processes. Assist with improving efficiencies to increase the effectiveness of the department.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Address and resolve general and escalated member issues
- Home Retention specialists are required to keep notes on all calls so that a history is maintained for all account regarding collections efforts. Notes must be clear and concise so that readers can understand the hardship issue.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) of related experience preferred; strong Mortgage Servicing background highly preferred.
- Knowledge of servicing of Fair Debt Collection Practice Act (FDCPA)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.