Hospital Lab Manager - Stafford Township, NJ - Monday to Friday, day shift
The Hospital Laboratory Manager is responsible for all Hospital Laboratory Management and delivering on contract obligations. Ensures quality control and follow-up procedures are developed and implemented. Collects and analyzes data and prepares a variety of analyses and reports. Act as leader of the hospital laboratory activities and as part of the overall strategy of the Professional Lab Services (PLS) team to service and grow our business through hospital partnerships. Ensures Laboratory Supervisor(s) are effectively performing duties. The Hospital Laboratory Manager is accountable for the accuracy and reliability of all services provided by the departments under his/her supervision. Ensures policies and practices meet all regulatory standards and requirements.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as the manager for the Regional Laboratory hospital services and with the national PLS team to develop integration plans based on the structure of the lab management arrangement.
- Participate in the identification, design, development and implementation of hospital laboratory management services.Participate in implementation plans, start up and ongoing management for both internal (regional business needs) and external customer (hospital client) contracting requirements.
- Interfaces with internal and external resources to ensure successful and timely completion of the lab management arrangement and the ongoing contract success of operations in accordance with client and company needs.
- Participates in training hospital management and/or staff and is responsible for evaluating the project effectiveness and outcome.Manager is a key player in performance of the project team and evaluates overall team performance.
- Works with national PLS manager and leadership as well as the regional SLT to manage and execute implementation plan including directing staff resources (both internal and external), evaluating results, creating documentation of newly created processes and managing overall engagement.
- Hospital Service Manager has direct line of responsibility for Quest Diagnostics supervisors and staff at the client locations, to maintain relationships and communications with hospital client, sales, Professional Lab Services Team,
- Regional operations and functional partners (procurement, logistics, etc.), throughout the duration of the contract.
- Regional accountability for a successful and timely client contract launch and ongoing operations.
- Provide regular and detailed project status to internal team members and client.Highlight issues, scope of services, with ongoing monthly and quarterly hospital reporting on productivity, quality, equipment and process flows.
- Ensure that any contracted service where Quest Diagnostics contracts a hospital (under lab management or a free standing contract) to provide testing services for Quest Diagnostics stat or off hours RRL coverage is delivered in a high quality and with all contract terms delivered as agreed on.
- Ensure that any contracted service where hospital contracts with Quest Diagnostics for reference testing, that samples are prepared for pick up on time; that any issues with testing performance identified by hospital providers is immediately shared with the Quest Diagnostics laboratory to where the test was referred, and collaborates to improve and resolution of those issues.
- Manager is a key operations contact for Hospital clients that contract with Quest Diagnostics for testing services to coordinate service level expectations. Coordinate and act as an operations liaison for regional management and scientific directors’ responses of Quest Diagnostics leadership to ensure hospital client satisfaction as well as to foster and identify regional opportunities for deeper Hospital Lab Management services.
- Lead or participate in internal meetings, client meetings or cross-functional meetings.Responsible for participating in development of project plans, meeting documentation, regional action item management, and any other regional deliverables.
- Collaborates with supply chain/procurement to maintain adequate and efficient levels of inventory.
- Ability to utilize effective management, influencing skills both internally and externally to ensure a successful implementation of all services within scope.
- Knowledge of department metrics goals and actual performance, coordinates department activity to achieve metric goals
- Collaborates with Laboratory Director to establish and maintain laboratory budget
- Invoicing, completing request for capital equipment, and other financial activities as required
- Manages labor productivity and cost per test
- The Laboratory Manager must qualify as defined by ASCP and/or CLIA as a Medical Technologist or possess a Bachelors’ degree in Medical Technology, Biology, or other related sciences, and qualifies as a general laboratory supervisor under CLIA.
- 5 or more years managerial experience in the laboratory industry, preferably with some prior hospital experience. Must demonstrate ability to lead or manage through supervisory or area lead responsibilities.
- The laboratory manager must possess a current license issued by the State in which the laboratory is located, if such licensing is required
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Lab consolidation experience.
- Master’s in Business or Healthcare Administration.
- Completed courses or experienced in Project Management
- Candidate must be results oriented and capable of working independently in the field.
- Strong project management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements concurrently.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a very dynamic team environment.
- Considerable knowledge of the general laboratory services and testing requirements.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Strong client interaction skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Lean Six Sigma Principles/continuous improvement methodologies
- Change Management
- Proficiency with key PC software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced understanding of data analytics