Quest’s Information Ventures team provides healthcare solutions for patients, healthcare providers and provider organizations, payers, including:
• Utilization Management tools, to help organizations optimize their use of diagnostic lab services for the right test, for the right patient at the right time
• Point-of-Use Analytics to manage gaps in care and drive disease documentation
• Condition Management tools, to help providers manage specific patient populations
Quest also provides analytical solutions for public health organizations and therapeutics companies in the pre- and post-market as well as for clinical trials. Quest leverages a considerable set of unique assets to deliver differentiated solutions, including a tremendous clinical repository, relationships with half of the providers and hospitals in the United States, over 2000 patient service centers, more than 650 active EMR interfaces, and approximately 15,000 mobile care professionals. Quest’s Big Data environment provides access to a clinical database that goes back to 2005, with an average of 150 million unique patient encounters per year.
The Hospital Lab Strategy Advisor is responsible for growing the presence and success of the Laboratory Stewardship program to hospitals and health systems that utilize Quest Diagnostics reference lab services. In partnership with the Health Systems Commercial team, this critical role will demonstrate Quest Diagnostics’ commitment to ensuring patients receive the right test, at the right time, at the right point of care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist hospital customers with identifying send-out testing optimization opportunities (Send-out Optimization Assessment)
• Identify and inform Health Systems Commercial team and Professional Lab Services of deeper partnership and professional services opportunities. Facilitate engagement as appropriate.
• Understand customer’s lab initiatives associated with third party reference testing (send-outs).
• Partner with customer to identify gaps accessing, analyzing and using test utilization data, and provide associated recommendations
• Analyze budget, test menu, test volumes, hospital requirements (service level TAT, hospital specialties/certifications), staffing, equipment, and other resources to develop recommendations regarding decisions for specific tests to be performed at the on-site lab or sent to a reference lab.
• Create a formal report utilizing laboratory data to share with stakeholders, with the goal of providing specific recommendations that improve the stakeholder’s laboratory service.
• Define actionable goals with customer utilizing specific recommendations to improve the stakeholder’s laboratory service.
• Implement test utilization opportunities via facilitation of discussions and presentations to customer for the purpose of educating them on best practices, test utilization opportunity closure, and improvement of the customer’s test menu effectiveness.
• Develop and foster relationships across customer base, professional organizations, user groups, and industry trade groups to stay current with trends in laboratory test utilization, reimbursement, Laboratory Information Systems and related technology, laboratory analytics, laboratory regulations and compliance, and other trends impacting laboratory services.
• Travel up to 50% domestically (work from home remaining time)
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in health sciences or Advanced degree preferred.
• 7+ years hospital laboratory experience required; additional commercial laboratory experience a plus
• 5+ years of experience in project management, consulting and/or advisory services in the healthcare industry.
• Broad understanding of the laboratory business and its services
• In-depth understanding of hospital operations.
• Proficiency with key PC software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mapping, Minitab) and knowledgeable on EHRs and major hospital LIS operations
• Six-Sigma and Program Management or equivalent training and certification preferred
• Results oriented and capable of working independently in the field
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service, listening and communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely
• Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with both internal and external customers
• Proven ability to use basic consultative skills and techniques
• Demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of engagements at any given time
• Excellent time management, project management, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
• Positive and proactive approach to dynamic environments
• Willingness to perform other duties as assigned with a positive attitude
• Demonstrate integrity and a commitment to values of Quest Diagnostics
• Excellent influencing/collaboration skills across many functions and levels
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, develop deep insights about customers and convert understanding of customer needs into recommendations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
Interact professionally with colleagues and/or customers for different purposes in different contexts
Maintain composure under pressure
Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another
Comprehend and follow verbal or written instructions
Use effective verbal communication
Use effective written communication