With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
Cardinal Health manages the pharmacy at PAM Rehabilitation Hospital of Overland Park and we are currently recruiting for a PRN Pharmacy Technician to work as needed. Must have daytime availability as the facility hours are open Monday – Friday 8AM – 4:30PM.
Our Pharmacy Technicians demonstrate working knowledge of the policies and procedures regarding procurement, storage, preparation and delivery of pharmaceuticals in hospitals and health system settings. The successful candidate will process physician orders for review by a pharmacist and pick and prepare medications or supplies under pharmacist review. They will also restock supplies and medications, deliver supplies and medications, procure supplies and medications following standard purchasing guidelines and provide feedback on the stock level and on inventory control and delivery processes.
Our Pharmacy Technicians are also skilled in own work area within an analytical/scientific method or operational process area. They will also expand skills and techniques in one skill area/process/method and maintain appropriate licenses/training/certifications, as needed. The successful candidate will apply knowledge and skills to complete assigned tasks within own area and work within established SOPs and/or scientific methods and adheres to quality guidelines while working with a moderate degree of supervision.
- Assists the Pharmacist in filling prescription orders, as permitted by the State Boards of Pharmacy
- IV Compounding
- Handle doctor calls, faxes and medication deliveries
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by profiling prescriptions; preparing labels and calculating quantities
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Takes inventory, places orders, checks in drugs and supplies, stocks shelves and removes out-of-date items from the inventory
- Communicates with all customers (patients, clinics, care-givers, physicians) in a pleasant and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
- High school degree or equivalent
- State Pharmacy Technician certification required
- National pharmacy technician certification (PTCB) preferred
- IV experience highly required
- In-patient hospital pharmacy experience required
- Flexibility in working schedule
- Ability to work in a group
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong customer service skills required
- Comfortable performing repetitive motions/tasks is required
- Ability to manage several tasks at the same time; Ability to focus on tasks; Ability to evaluate operating conditions; Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrated ability to use technology such as computers, smart phones and tablets
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.