A Restaurant Host/Hostess is responsible for welcoming guests and escorting them to their seats for dining in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Restaurant Host/Hostess, you would be responsible for welcoming guests and escorting them to their seats for dining in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating, then escort them to their table and present menu.
- Read, maintain and make daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management.
- Maintain proper set-up of dining room and enforce uniform and grooming standards of all service personnel on a daily basis. Assign stations to service staff
- Conduct daily "roll call meetings" to keep staff informed of current promotions, daily specials, guest comments, daily events and pertinent memos.
- Receive, record and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant.
- Perform opening and closing duties. Assist others with side work to include cleaning, stocking, and folding napkins.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
Restaurant greeter experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Must obtain any government required licenses or certificates. Examples include a State of Hawaii TB Clearance; State of Hawaii Liquor Service Permit; Alcohol Service Permit. CPR certification and/or 1st Aid Training preferred.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of restaurant operations, to include appropriate staffing levels, service equipment and guest relations.
- Ability to read the English language to fully comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations, promotional materials, event orders and similar written materials.
- Ability to speak the English language sufficient to conduct small employee meetings to impart new information.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to move throughout a crowded room to seat guests.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!