Bring your career to new heights at the elegant Waldorf Astoria Chicago!
Located in Chicago's Gold Coast, the Waldorf Astoria Chicago creates a new experience in luxury! Featuring 215 guest rooms and suites spread over 19 stories and 9,000 square feet of meeting space for any setting of 10 to 150 people.
As the Housekeeping Manager you will be responsible for managing daily Housekeeping operations including training, inspecting, scheduling, and payroll for 60 team members in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service. In this role the ideal candidate will have 2 years of housekeeping, supervisory and hospitality experience. Union and OnQ experience is a plus!
Make the Gold Coast your home in Chicago and apply today!
What will I be doing?
As a Housekeeping Manager, you would be responsible for managing daily Housekeeping operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage daily Housekeeping operations to include, but not limited to, maintaining cleanliness, service and product quality standards of guest rooms, public spaces, restrooms, offices and banquet/meeting/conference rooms
- Ensure rooms are clean and available to guests in a timely and efficient manner
- Manage daily systems use and management, cost controls and overall profitability, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Oversee and conduct room inspections
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!