The Houseperson is responsible for maintaining a clean, well-stocked section assigned. He/She is responsible for maintaining cleanliness on guest floors and hallways assigned
The Houseperson reports directly to the Assistant Director of Housekeeping / Housekeeping Manager.
What will I be doing?
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
1. Guest Floor Cleanliness and Tidiness:
- Cover all floors assigned to and ensures that the hotel cleanliness standards are maintained in all areas of responsibility.
- Maintain the general upkeep of assigned section of guest floors.
- Recognize and report all missing, damaged or sub-standard furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- In assigned guest floors is responsible for all furniture moving, wall washing, drapes up and down, delivery of any guest requests, shampooing, buffing and spot cleaning, interior window and mirror cleaning and high dusting.
- Maintain the cleanliness of guest foyers and corridors by performing wall washing, vacuuming, dusting of crown molding, millwork, baseboards and cleaning of all light fixtures including ceiling fixtures.
- Perform general cleaning as scheduled.
- Keep emergency stairwells and service landings in order and remove excessive soiled linen or garbage.
- Rotate mattresses according to the pre-determined schedule.
- Move and remove furniture in guest related areas as well as office space.
2. Guest Requests Handling:
- Fulfill any guests' request e.g. laundry pick-up, delivery of toiletries and any other requests.
- Supports room attendant in maintaining correct supplies and linen pars in closets and delivery of these supplies to the floors if needed.
- Maintain vacuum cleaners and other equipment by cleaning up, changing bags and belts regularly.
- Pick up, wash, polish and return glasses to all guest floors.
- Clean and maintain all team member bathrooms.
• Possess good written and verbal command of the English Language.
• Possess a pleasant and outgoing personality.
• Two years previous experience as a houseperson within a hotel required
• Availability to work a flexible schedule which include weekends, holidays, and AM/PM/Overnight shifts
• Ability to lift 50-100 lbs
• Able to multi-task and be a team player
• Professional appearance and grooming
• Luxury hotel experience is a plus!
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!