Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking a Human Resources Assistant to assist with the administration of policies and procedures in various areas of a human resources department, which include HR customer service to field operations, assist HR team members with various projects and day to day operations, personnel record-keeping, HR data review, and HR reporting. This is an assistant level position within a Corporate HR Department that supports 9000+ employees in multiple locations across the US.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide general information and answers to routine / tier one level questions regarding human resources policies and procedures
- Provide top notch customer service and support when responding to HR inquiries
- Update, log and track HR information including, but not limited to leave administration, employee relations and compliance using various tools such as spreadsheets and databases
- Provide assistance with updating and tracking step-by-step guides to various HR processes
- Provide administrative support in various areas of human resources functions including, but not limited to Recruiting and Hiring, Benefits, Leave Administration, Workers’ Compensation, Employee Relations, Unemployment and Training
- Assist with maintenance of HR data
- Complete employment verifications
- Convert and maintain personnel records to current electronic format
- Provide support on auditing, reviewing and processing HR information
- Prepare and assist with HR reports, presentations and communications
- Facilitate and be a go-to resource for general office procedures, including but not limited to coordinating meetings and sending out communications
- Assist HR team members on projects
- Must maintain confidentiality and perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- General knowledge of basic HR functions and terminology
- Must be detail-oriented and exceptionally well organized
- Great people/interpersonal skills and a positive, can-do attitude are essential
- Must take initiative and be a problem-solver
- The ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate skill with the use of personal computers and related software applications, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related program of study
- 2 years of HR experience
- Familiarity with Oracle Human Capital Management system or equivalent a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.