Marquee Sports Network, the exclusive network of the Chicago Cubs, is looking for a skilled Human Resources Manager. As a newly created cable channel, you'll have the unique opportunity in this position to help shape the organization’s HR strategy as well as assure best practices in HR are identified and implemented.
While no day will ever be exactly the same, you’ll have your hands in a variety of HR functions (including but not limited to):
- Providing high quality customer service support on HR business processes and operations, HR systems and special projects
- Serving as coach and advisor to people managers and leaders on HR matters
- Advising employees on eligibility, coverage and other benefits matters
- Conducting meaningful onboarding experiences for new employees and offboard appropriately
- Participating in benefits administration to include open enrollment, change reporting and employee communications
- Managing compensation, leave administration and workers compensation
- Providing support with training, employee relations matters and recruiting/hiring
- Complying with all federal, state and local employment regulations
- Interpretation and application of policies and procedures
- Personnel recordkeeping - maintain confidential personnel and other HR records
- Assisting with training in HR processes and procedures
- Other tasks / projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related program of study. PHR or SHRM-CP a plus
- 4+ years of HR experience in a Generalist capacity or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, strong knowledge of SharePoint is a plus
- Experience with HR systems, such as Oracle HRIS, a plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with various levels of management and employees.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Root for the Cubs!
Marquee Sports Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!
Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is Chicago-region’s exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games and will also feature extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family’s every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.