Barnes Aerospace is seeking a progressive Human Resources Manager to serve as a business partner to two divisions located in Ogden, UT and Phoenix, AZ. As a key member of the leadership team, the HR Manager will focus on managing the full complement of human resources initiatives, programs, and solutions for the sites, with a primary focus on driving the Talent Management System (TMS). The right candidate should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, effective coaching and facilitation skills, a teambuilding and collaboration mindset, and an aptitude for advancing positive employee relations. In addition, the candidate should have strong analytical ability and be effective in leveraging data analytics to draw conclusions and make good business/ HR decisions to support the attainment of business goals and objectives. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration.
- Serve as a strategic business partner for both the Ogden OEM and Phoenix OEM divisions; contributing to business decisions and strategy to drive the performance and profitability of the segment. Align and integrate HR processes and programs with the business strategies, focusing on management and employee development, change management, succession planning, talent acquisition, and positive employee relations to support a high performance, motivated, and engaged workforce.
- Lead and manage all HR programs and activities across the Divisions involving recruiting, employee relations, total rewards, employee training and development, benefits administration, and all other human resources related activities necessary to support the business needs.
- Partner with the Division Managers and local management teams to plan for, identify, select, and onboard the right talent needed to meet current and future business needs.
- Effectively leverage the Talent Management System (TMS) to build bench strength, and improve succession planning for critical roles to drive organizational effectiveness in all areas.
- Provide assistance to managers/supervisors and employees on coaching, mentoring, training/development, performance management, total rewards, employee engagement, etc.
- Provide human resources consultation and advice to employees and management on Division organizational issues and initiatives with a focus on change management, positive employee relations, and employee engagement.
- Collaborate with leadership to monitor employee performance and coordinate maintenance, improvement, and corrective communications and activities.
- Formulate recommendations and counsel management to facilitate appropriate decision-making and organizational or employee-related actions. Ensures changes are administered in a manner consistent with corporate policies, guidelines, and values.
- Complete special company and regulatory reports as required. Provide regular feedback to Division Managers and HR Director on human resources issues and trends identified through monthly metrics.
- Provide necessary feedback/counsel regarding Affirmative Action/ EEO compliance, statistics, initiatives, etc.
- Monthly travel to Phoenix Division or as needed.
- Other related duties and projects as assigned.
- 5-10+ years human resources experience in a manufacturing environment or similar industry.
- 5+ years of human resources management experience; with multi-site level experience.
- Demonstrated progressive career development with increasing responsibilities.
- Strong human resources business partner acumen, proficient in leading and setting direction for cross-functional teams, including demonstrated ability to motivate, influence, and drive change at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable federal and state employment regulations and ensuring organizational compliance.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with management, supervision, and employees.
- Forward-thinking and strategic with respect to HR processes and systems and uses organizational influence to affect and manage change.
- Self-directed and able to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Impeccable integrity; superior interpersonal skills; able to communicate and engage personnel at all levels of the organization. Emotionally intelligent change agent who challenges the status quo and acts with a sense of urgency to deliver results.
- Experience managing Affirmative Action/ EEO compliance process.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Travel Required: 15%
- BS or BA in Human Resources Management or related field is required. MS/LIR or advanced degree highly desirable.
- PHR / SHRM-CP Certification preferred.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)