Phoenixville Hospital is your community healthcare provider: a 144-bed facility with an award-winning cardiovascular program, a fully accredited cancer center, and the area's largest Robotic Surgery Center.
We provide comprehensive medical services through approximately 25,000 emergency room visits, 8,200 inpatient admissions, and more than 500 community outreach programs annually. And we work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the community we call home.
Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner FT position for the ICU at Phoenixville Hospital
- 24 Bed ICU (Surgical/Medical)
- Previous experience with central lines, chest tubes, and A linese
- EPIC EMR
- Night Shifts 7p-7a
The Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP) or Physician Assistant working for the Critical Care department, shall deliver comprehensive, patient-centered care for the critically ill patient. The CRNP/PA will function as a clinical expert for this population and will work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary and interprofessional team to coordinate and deliver all aspects of care.
The CRNP/PA will perform patient assessments and coordinate patient management autonomously, with physician collaboration as appropriate, and in accordance with hospital policies and Pennsylvania State legislation.
The CRNPs scope of practice includes direct patient care, medical and procedural intervention, patient family support, education, performance and quality improvement.
* All functions performed in accordance with physician collaboration/supervision as necessary, policy, state legislation, and as authorized per practice agreement
- Deliver and coordinate comprehensive care for the critical care patient; obtains detailed patient history, performs physical examinations, assess, diagnose, formulate care plans, and provide treatment
- Evaluate and round daily; formulate and implement daily care plans, manage patients in relation to both acute issues and chronic comorbidities, throughout the continuum of their hospitalization
- Coordinates the discharge by collaborating and serving as a liaison between social work and case management; completes necessary discharge orders, discharge education, and follow-up instructions (regarding both acute issues and incidental findings). Dictates discharge summary within 48 hours.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic studies
- Prescribe medications, treatment modalities, or medical interventions
- Performs and/or assists with invasive procedures and operations, and maintains personal log of procedures and operative cases
- Performs with supervision or independently: CRNP credentialed procedures such as chest tube insertion, bronchoscopy, central line placement, suturing, and wound management
- Documents and/or dictates required records effectively and in a timely manner. Ensures patient health records and electronic medical records are maintained utilizing approved hospital regulations, JCAHO requirements. The CRNP should be familiar with documentation related billing principals.
- Requests written consultation from physicians or other healthcare professionals as appropriate
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary healthcare team, serves as a liaison between the multidisciplinary team members and specialty services; communicates effectively
- Participate in patient and patient family discussions; educate and involve patients and patient families in care planning; participate in goals of care discussions with patients and patient families as directed by Attending Surgeon, communicates effectively
- Demonstrates appropriate responsiveness to patient care needs and needs of ancillary services involved in patient care
- Serve as educators in both formal and non-formal forums, serve as a educational resource for patients, patient families, health care team members, and the community as necessary. Maintains proficiency and compliance with evidenced supported best practice and nationally recognized standards of care.
- Exhibits approachability at the bedside
- Effectively teaches patients and their families
- Participates in peer review, performance and quality improvement processes
- Attends available required education sessions
- Attends educational conferences and sessions
- Provides health education and/or outreach to patients and communities as necessary
- May advise, supervise, or educate students
- Serves as a resource for the institution and enhance professional growth through participation and involvement in educational experiences, policy and procedure development, quality/performance improvement initiatives, and/or research related projects or operations
- Performs responsibilities with professionalism and in a manner which fosters a culture of excellence and quality
- Recognizes the need for sensitivity in various patient scenarios
- Demonstrates respect for patient's privacy and the confidentiality of patient information
- Reports to duty on time in approved attire
- Treats patients, families, and hospital staff members with respect and compass
- Maintains compliance with mandatory competencies, certifications, trainings, and licensure
- Graduate degree from accredited institution
- AANP or ANCC Certification
- Pennsylvania Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner License
- Pennsylvania Registered Nurse License
- Pennsylvania CRNP Prescription Authority
- DEA License as appropriate per specified department
- BLS/CPR Certification
- ACLS Certification
- PALS Certification
- ATLS Certification
- Certification or CE Units as appropriate per specified department
- EXPERIENCE: Critical Care Experience Preferred