With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for providing leadership to regional members within an assigned geography. This includes leading the sales efforts of the regional team; resulting in the achievement of sales revenue targets and expense objectives while adhering to CSL Behring Core Values. Development of sales representatives through effective coaching. Works closely with the Senior Director of Field Sales to establish strategic and tactical approaches to the region consistent with corporate plans. Actively participate as a member of the Regional Management team.
- Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Meet regional sales goals by maximizing sales and minimizing expenses. This involves continuously raising expectations of individual and team performance, motivating and support team efforts while adhering to CSL Behring Core Values.
- Oversee the selling efforts in an assigned region by managing regional sales representatives. This
- includes providing feedback, direction and development guidance to team to help others excel in current and future positions.
- Field time expectation is 60% of time in the field, coaching representatives. Follow up field contact reports will be provided to representatives as a feedback mechanism.
- Work closely with the marketing department to support implementation of marketing programs for sales products.
- Allocate regional budgets to support the implementation of marketing programs.
- Make effective day to day decisions required to manage the sales function, including deploying resources, allocating costs, directing sales activities, obtaining and analyzing information to identify key issues and commitment to action after weighing alternative solutions.
- Help secure important customers through high-level customer contacts. Improve customer service and satisfaction through flexibility, innovation, and improvement techniques.
- Coordinates regional activities with other Regional Sales Managers, Sr. Director(s) of Field Sales, Sales Training and Marketing, Medical Affairs and Customer Service.
- Responsible to assure field utilization of CRM system to track and monitor sales activity and results and enhance the region’s 360 view of the customer.
- Analyze the marketplace, recommend actions to increase market share, and qualifies new business opportunities.
- Consistently keep the organization’s mission, vision, and values at the forefront of regional actions.
- Encouraging and supporting tam efforts to meet challenging goals.
- •60% travel required within a large geography.
• Bachelor degree in a scientific or business field
• 6-8 years' pharmaceutical, biotech or healthcare industry experience with special focus on sales and/or marketing
• 3+ years experience in field sales
• Knowledge of the pharmaceutical market and regulations
• Demonstrated leadership/team management experience
Different qualifications or responsibilities may apply based on local legal and/or educational requirements. Refer to local job documentation where applicable.