Facility: MOORE HAVEN CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maintains a classroom environment that facilitates the teaching of Adult Basic Education, English Language Development, and Special Education and basic subjects required to pass the GED or equivalent examination. Teaches one or more subjects including, but not limited to reading, mathematics, and language arts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides classroom instruction in the areas of basic education subjects including career planning, social adjustment, and general life skills information.
- May instruct conversational English, and ideas and customs in English to students with limited English proficiency.
- Maintains records including testing, daily inmate/detainee work, attendance and general record keeping.
- Evaluates and maintains inmate/detainee academic progress.
- Provides individual tutoring.
- Performs other duties as assigned.