Facility: RIVERS CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- The Vocational Instructor performs instructional services of vocational and/or occupational subjects, carpentry, plumbing and trades which are designed to help inmates/students learn specified subject matter and acquire vocational skills
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides instruction to inmates/detainees for various labor and/or technical skills through classroom instruction, demonstration and practical exercises.
- Maintains records including testing, daily offender work, attendance and general record keeping.
- Assesses educational needs of inmates, develops lessons plans to address those needs to include individualized assignments and training.
- Administers, scores, and interprets examinations and proficiency indicators.
- Counsels students concerning their performance, behavior and personal problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.