Global IS Director, Operations & Quality Application Domain Services
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As Global IS Leader, Operations (Manufacturing) and Quality Solution Delivery Leader you will have full accountability for leading and managing operations and quality domain services functions and Teams. As the Operations and Quality Solution Delivery Leader, you will be responsible for establishing an integrated, world-class IS systems and the team that supports Electrification globally. Responsible for the successful end to end execution and delivery of solutions within the domain.
You will be responsible to drive standardization and harmonization of solutions to ensure delivery of high quality IS services for Electrification business units by bringing significant focus on business value driven innovation and delivery as core competencies. As a Solution Delivery Leader in the Electrification IS organization, you will have the opportunity to work in a high-paced, international environment, solve complex problems, lead our IS solution capability development for your respective solution area and grow together with the rapidly developing business.
We invite you to bring your leadership contribution to the digitalization journey of our rapidly expanding business and consider joining the ABB Electrification IS team!
*** Preferred locations are Atlanta, GA or Cary, NC; will consider other ABB Electrification Business Locations on an individual basis***
- Accountable to set and drive IS services across Operations (Manufacturing) and Quality Domain and connected systems and to manage those projects, production support activities with a high professional team with a business-centric approach
- Primary accountability for successful deployment of Operations (Manufacturing) and Quality Domain roadmap in working with a cross functional team which include business and IS
- Provide strategic operational IS leadership and guidance to the development, implementation, and improvement of the evolving portfolio of software applications that support our Regional Distribution Centers, Manufacturing, Quality, and Plant Operations teams
- Lead a geographically dispersed and culturally diverse team by building an inclusive environment of trust and collaboration
- As the senior IS engagement lead for the Electrification Manufacturing, Operations and Quality Management leadership teams, maximize internal customer satisfaction by listening to stakeholder requirements, assessing expectations, and driving targeted improvement plans where necessary to positively influencing relevant stakeholders’ perceptions of IS services and solutions, as well as enabling wide user adoption and acceptance of newly developed and improved system solutions
- Develop, enhance, and implement solutions that improve Electrification's ease of doing business and simplicity to provide customers with a superior experience, delivering solutions on time and within budget
- Ensure compliance with internal and external regulations, policies, standards (SOX, InfoSec, Data Privacy, Data Protection, Export controls, license management, etc.)
- Act as a thought leader; leverage technology trends and constantly refine the IS processes and methods to drive speed of deployments and cost effectiveness of IS for Electrification
- Assure active cooperation of the managed team with other Domain teams as well as other groups (e. g. Consumer Experience, Service Performance Excellence)
- Manage and maintain the critical vendor relationships to ensure optimal delivery of services
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field is required with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience leading IS Applications Development and Software solutions delivery, preferably in a complex, diversified multi-national manufacturing enterprise
- Strong IS team and project/program management leadership experience is required, preferably with ability to influence and collaborate at the Sr. Leadership level, in complex, multi-site global environments
- Must have end-to-end leadership experience in multiple technical platforms, operating systems, databases, cloud computing, ERP, manufacturing system, Quality systems, complex data structures, development languages; SAAS, mainframe, Unix and Client Server preferred. SAP, ITIL, SCRUM, Lean and DevOps certification preferred
- Direct technical IS leadership experience within a multi-disciplined, cross-functional technologically focused organization with matrixes reporting relationship is strongly preferred
- Solid experience as a change leader, preferably with experience instituting new, global processes and tools
- Demonstrated ability to take a broad view of his/her position and take initiative to communicate, interact and cooperate with others
- Demonstrated experience in Application Lifecycle Management and modernizing application services preferred
- Proven ability to manage cross-functional stakeholders and vendor management
- Global mindset, ideally derived from experience of a multi-country, cross-culture environment
- Commercial mindset and ability to negotiate with and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Must demonstrate ability to coach, develop, and motivate cross-functional and direct-report team members
- Ability to travel up to 25% (regional and global travel) and up to 50% if not located in the preferred ABB work locations
- Domestic U.S. relocation support available only; International Relocation is not available for this position
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.