The IS Business Analyst is responsible for providing leadership and direction on all assigned technical projects or project tasks, ensuring follow through from beginning to end.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed; Functional requirements, Business Requirements Document, etc.
- Develop requirements specification documents, using natural language, working the request process from inception thru all phases of testing and implementation
- Identify new business opportunities and product lines, recommending possible alternate business solutions providing recommendations to management.
- Ensure overall progress of assigned projects from initiation to implementation.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.