IS Solution Architect - Data & Analytics
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This role involves responsibility for the design, integrity and quality of an IS solution and of associated IS services delivered to business and support functions as well as IS Technology domains.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations, you will be responsible for the design, integrity and quality of an IS solution and of associated IS services delivered to Business, Support Functions and IS Technology Domains as the case may be; responsible for ensuring that the IS solution/service provides the required functionality and meets the cost expectations of business; collaborates with and contributes to project set-up and delivery as well as servicing Operations optimization.
ABB is establishing a regional IS organization to drive standardization and harmonization of solutions and to ensure delivery of high quality IS services for ABB business units within the region, by bringing significant focus on business value driven innovation and delivery as core competencies. As a Solution Architect in the ABB IS organization, you will have the opportunity to work in a high-paced, international environment, solve complex problems, participate in building our IS solution capability and grow together with the rapidly developing business.
- Architect: Defines the technical IS solution and ensures alignment with other modules and surrounding IS applications through cooperation and collaboration with IS solution architects across IS delivery units
- Engages in requirement analysis to decide which requirements are covered by available, standard functionalities, for which functionality enhancements are needed and for which functionality workarounds are accepted
- Supports validation and prioritization of incoming business demand in collaboration with the relevant IS Service Manager and/or Global IS Domain Architect
- Reviews and signs off on the functional and technical use case specifications
- Best practice & Knowledge sharing: Keeps knowledge up to date regarding new and emerging IS technology and IS industry practices, bringing learning into ABB; all within the scope of the relevant IS solutions
- IS Services: Collaborates with users in projects and problem management to maintain, develop and deploy the best feasible and most cost efficient IS solutions/services for the business
- Ensures manuals for users are created to describe the operating procedures
- Consults, gives advice and supports the installation of new IS solutions/services, or the changing of existing IS solutions/services
- Processes: Consults the users to identify and learn about current procedures and to clarify further requirements
- Supports the installation, management, maintenance, and optimization of all IS processes related to the area of responsibility
- Governance: Provides guidance to IS project management and IS delivery unit teams on how to utilize IS application/solution standards (e.g. SAP) effectively
- Communicates project delivery related decision demand towards project and service management in collaboration with the Global IS Domain Architect to ensure resolution and avoid delivery issues
- Commits and contributes to common result-oriented collaboration with the various Business Processes IS architectural domains as well as the various Enterprise Technology IS architecture domains
- Proactively supports issue resolution during project delivery to avoid delays or any other form of negative impact to a project or service
- IS Strategy: In concert with the Global IS Domain Architect ensures that IS solution/service-related standards are considered accordingly
- People, Leadership and Development: Provides support to temporary work teams, guiding and monitoring task completion, sharing expert knowledge and advice with/without carrying line responsibility
- Application Technology: Drives adoption of future Business Intelligence product releases ensuring alignment with overall release strategy and plans for global Business Intelligence solutions
- Provides comprehensive experience in designing, developing and supporting the implementation of IS strategy in context of Business Intelligence, driving adoption of best practices and strategic frameworks
- Support and AMS Services: Supports Level 3 services to Applications Operations teams for functional support
- Troubleshoots solution configuration, product and/or performance issues
- Works with the Infrastructure team to determine hardware and networking requirements
- Degree in information management, computer systems, business engineering or similar and more than 8 years of IS experience within the Data and Analytics IS domain
- Excellent experience to translate business requirements into IS capabilities and solutions
- Excellent experience in objectively evaluating IS solutions and making recommendations
- Strong analytical skills and a deep understanding of the overall context of business processes and IS technologies
- Excellent experience in leading IS people who do not report directly
- Strong experience in project planning and execution as well as economic aspects of system management and life cycle
- Solid experience of identifying and resolving issues between team members or other teams
- Strong technical skills and applied knowledge in the following areas: SAP Business Warehouse, SAP Business Objects, SAP Data Services, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft PowerBI and SQL
- Strong technical skills and applied knowledge in the following areas: Attunity Replicate, Attunity Compose for Data Lake, Attunity Compose for Datawarehouse, Snowflake Cloud Datawarehouse (Hadoop, Python, HDFS and Hive
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on the business’ needs
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
Global Business Services (GBS) is ABB’s shared services organization which delivers operational and expert services in Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Legal, Global Travel Services and external Customer Contact Centers. With employees based in five main hubs and front offices, GBS provides mainly Business services to ABB teams across the globe as well as supports with external customer inquiries.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.