Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To support ISD and the enterprise by providing comprehensive architectural leadership in translating Navy Federal’s business vision and strategies into effective IT and business capabilities through the design, implementation, and integration of IT systems.
- Design, build and maintain all connex environments.
- Code to design specification when required
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or member feedback and correct problems.
- Evaluate code to ensure it is valid, meets industry standards and is compatible with devices or operating systems
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces.
- Manage the PATHWAY environments that support the connex application.
- Create/Update system and application documentation to include diagrams.
Responsibilities for Solutions Architects
1. Technical Leadership
- Partners with business units and IT stakeholders to ensure technical solutions fit business needs
- Continuously improves technical knowledge and expertise of assigned suite of applications via design and architecture reviews
- Maintains current awareness of industry standards, innovations and industry best practices applicable to assigned applications
- Build and maintain relationships with internal Navy Federal staff (IT and business) and external parties (vendors, etc.) to further the achievement of our architectural goals and objectives
- Provides technical guidance and subject matter expertise to IT staff
- Promotes cross training and knowledge transfer among IT staff.
2. Architectural Deliverables
- Collaborates with customers and analysts to evaluate and assist in building business requirements
- Participates with product planning and execution through entire product lifecycle
- Promotes development, delivery and maintenance of quality documentation for assigned applications
- Participates in project discovery phase of assigned projects
- Initiates Project Portfolio Management requests for opportunities for improvements
- Contributes to Rough Order of Magnitude level estimates within the defined SLAs timeframe and assists with additional refined estimates
- Promotes adherence to Navy Federal’s defined Project Management Framework and documentation requirements
- Participates in vendor selection process by creating and/or validating vendor SOWs, RFPs, software evaluations and other activities
3. Architecture Governance
- Provides guidance for adherence to the documented enterprise, application and architecture principles
- Performs reviews of all new and existing applications and system modifications to promote scalability and business continuity through designs prior to deployment
- Approve for design documentation produced by project team and code reviews.
- QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Possesses technical knowledge based on experience in software development in mainframe and highly skilled in (COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, VSAM, etc.)
- Knowledge of FIS (Systematics) software (IM, ST, HX, AM, etc.)
- Experience in recent industry trends, software development methodologies (both Waterfall and Agile).
- Demonstrated ability to create system architecture diagrams and documentation for review by both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees, management and vendors
- Demonstrated skills in exercising initiative, good judgment, and making sound technical decisions
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to propose and assess the appropriateness and quality of solutions for moderate to complex solutions
- Skilled in leading, guiding, mentoring, and influencing design and architectural discussions
- Experience with debugging tools Compuware Abend-Aid, both batch and CICS
- Experience with testing tools CA interest, both batch and CICS (or Expediter)
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Prior experience in banking industry
- High proficiency in FIS - CONNEX
- Functional knowledge of transaction processing VISA/DPS, ATM’s.
- Knowledge of HP Non stop
- Experience architecting and designing solutions that integrate Mainframe with distributed systems
- Knowledge of ESP scheduler and SYSVIEW
- Knowledge of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3
- Knowledge of The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) v9
Location: 820 Follin Lane Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.