YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
- PEOPLE® Companies That Care
To support software development organizational initiatives by designing and implementing new or modifying existing systems/applications.
1. Identifies, analyzes, designs, and maintains cost-effective information technology solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies
• Works with customers (business units) to identify business requirements (e.g., needs, objectives, functions, features, input and output
• Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware, and operating systems environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external controls, and output
• Documents, diagrams, organizes, information for inclusion in database; developing input/output record layouts, or program views
2. Designs, develops, implements, and maintains systems with support from other ISD areas, team members, and management
• Codes programs, prepares test data, tests and debugs programs
• Revises and refines programs to account for changes in functional system requirements and equipment configurations
• Troubleshoots and resolves operational problems/system requirements
Participates in testing and implementation of systems/applications
3. Provides on-going maintenance of systems/applications
• Maintains and monitors systems/applications after implementation
• Develops and maintains documentation describing program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
• Provides technical support to customers
• Participates in training of peers and SQA staff in new or modified systems/applications
• Works independently with moderate guidance from higher level staff or management
• Assists in determining system requirements
• Applies specific functional knowledge to analyze and resolve moderately complex problems
• Designs, codes, debugs, and maintains moderately complex computer programs
• Works on most phases of applications programming activities
• Researches, identifies, and solves straightforward to moderately complex problems
• Analyzes possible solutions using established procedures
Specific qualifications to this position include:
A minimum of 6 years programming experience working with Finastra’s ENCORE suite of products. VB.NET experience is a must.
In addition to ENCORE experience, candidates must have a well-rounded background in distributed application development to include many of the following technologies: Java, J2EE, service oriented architecture(SOA), middleware, integration technologies, and frameworks like JSP, JSTL, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, JAXB, Struts, Hibernate, Maven, log4j and JUnit.
Experience with Java Script and JS frameworks like JQuery and DOJO.
XML technology experience such as XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSLT, etc.
Solid understanding of Java Web Services WSDL, SOAP, XML, RESTful, Web Services Development Kit.
Relational database, preferably DB2, SQL Server, or Oracle.
C# and Datapower experience a plus
Unusual Working Conditions: May be required to work occasionally outside normal working hours. May be on call 24/7 to provide technical support.
QUALIFICATIONS -- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrated experience in systems analysis & design, workflow or procedural analysis
• Demonstrated experience in application development, including determining, developing, testing, and implementing system requirements and specifications
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, and organize tasks
• Experience using established testing techniques
• Demonstrated project leadership experience
• Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently, exercise initiative, and use good judgment
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Skill in using PCs including word processing, database, spreadsheet, and graphics software applications and a strong understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
• College degree in information technology, computer science or related field or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of Navy Federal business processes
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.