Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
If you are looking for big, global challenges, ABB is the place to come! ABB's portfolio includes some of the most advanced power and productivity products and systems in the world. To help us work more efficiently, you need to understand the power and potential of information technology. If you have the energy, discipline and intellectual firepower to succeed, you will find almost limitless opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your horizons and build your skills as you work with talented people all over the world.
As a IT Application Manager for the Sales Incentive Planning (SIP) application, you will work in a fast-paced, international environment solving complex problems, strengthening our business analysis capabilities and growing together with the rapidly developing business. You will provide your business system application expertise in all phases of the software development life cycle. You’ll leverage your technical expertise & strong business systems acumen, by rolling up your sleeves to implement the automation of the end to end Sales Incentive Planning process.
As we scale up for future releases, our goal is to develop these competencies within our organization.
- Provide delivery and operations support of Sales Incentive Planning SaaS solutions by supporting all software development phases including requirements definition, technical design, development, testing, deployment, integration, training and documentation
- Collaborate with functional teams to develop solutions that streamline business processes and alleviate manual processes
- Collaborate with functional teams to support the strategic roadmap as we roll out SIP globally for the Electrification Business Area
- Work closely with the other teams to ensure that there are IT Controls firmly established
- Establish an optimal operational support model in partnership with the SaaS vendor & our business partners
- Design and build integration with other business systems (On prem or Cloud)- SAP, Data lake, Workday etc.
- As a technical SME, provide ad hoc analysis and support related to projects, opportunities, or issues as they arise
- Identify process improvement opportunities to drive business performance and problem management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 12+ years of experience in Technology, Business System Analysis, or related field
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States
- Willingness & aptitude to learn new system configuration skills/business processes
- Experience working with at least one programming language – SQL/Python/Java highly preferred
- Ability to lead cross functional project teams and acquire/manage contract resources is required
- Strong problem-solving skills (business & technical)
- Agile & Dev/Ops Mindset desired
- Strong understanding of Data Structures and database concepts
- System Integration experience and Troubleshooting skills
- Deep understanding of middleware Technology
- Demonstrate outstanding service-orientation and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Prior experience in the roll out of SaaS based solution preferred
- Domain experience in the automation of business processes in the Finance/HR/Sales preferred
- Knowledge on application development processes, including through knowledge of IT Service Management concepted is required
- Confident communication style with strong presentation skills
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.