Ledgent Technology is part of the Roth Staffing family of Companies, which is one of the largest, privately held staffing companies in the country, with locations across the country. We are proud of being the only staffing company recognized with all industry's top awards for - The Best Staffing Firm to Work for, The Best Staffing Firm to Temp for and the Best in Client Service. We get to create remarkable experiences every day. We are just a different kind of company!
Our client, a word-class, iconic American manufacturing brand in the Portland Metro Area is seeking an experienced IT Applications and Operations Specialist who is a self-starter, to join their team. If you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic environment - this opportunity might be for you!!
As a member of the IT Applications team you will be primarily responsible for the operations of the company's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. This individual will also be the IT liaison for the Human Resources, Payroll and Benefits system, a member of the IT Manufacturing support team and responsible for the onboarding, configuration, support and operations of the company's EDI processes.
- ERP Operations: Oversee the daily technical operation of the CGS BlueCherry ERP system. Work closely with business users to identify and resolve processing failures, triage configuration and abnormal processing situations and own the submission and management of defects with the ERP vendor, CGS, as they relate to ERP.
- EDI Processing: Function as the technical EDI lead and expert consistent with our long term business goals through the configuration, validation, support and monitoring of electronic document interchange with trading partners and compliance of the company's Wholesale business. Similarly, function as the technical EDI lead and expert working closely with Retail/Direct business peers and suppliers.
- IT Liaison for Human Resources, Payroll and Benefits: Work closely with our three business departments and the HR system vendor to assess, configure, validate and implement new capabilities for our employees.
- IT Manufacturing support team: A member of a team in IT providing business requirements analysis, assessment of manufacturing technologies and processes, and solution configuration and support for manufacturing at our two locations.
- 4 year college degree in an applicable field.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in an Information Technology department supporting a company of 500 employees or larger.
- Minimum of 2 years direct work experience with EDI.
- Solid understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning systems and its applicability in a manufacturing, purchasing, planning, order processing and fulfillment environment.
- Knowledge and experience of the EDI Standards and their applicability within business applications.
- Knowledge of National Retail Federation (NRF) guidelines and use of color/style codes.
- Knowledge and prior experience interacting with EDI Value Added Networks (VANs).
- Knowledge and prior experience interacting with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS).
- Knowledge and prior experience of software application design, configuration and development.
- Demonstrated ability and experience of supporting the operations of core business systems.
- Knowledge of computer systems architecture and experience with multi-tiered applications both operating on premise and as a SaaS solution.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to multi task several projects, requests and responsibilities.
- Must be self-prioritize and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate on a wide range of subjects with people of various skills and technical abilities.
- Uphold strict confidentiality requirements, accessing secure areas and information
- Proactive engagement with IT and business peers.
- Maintain comprehensive plans, status and issue tracking.
- Must be effective as a team player and as an individual contributor.
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new technical solutions and business processes.
- Resourceful, diplomatic, tactful and objective.
- Ability to interact positively with various personality types.
- Exposure to manufacturing information and control systems a plus.
- Exposure to HR and Payroll system a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.