Are you a high-energy, customer focused healthcare leader who refuses to settle for good enough? Be empowered to steer progress and translate your passion for transformation into a pivotal leadership position. Seize this chance to make your mark as healthcare continues to change.
About Tower Health
Tower Health is a thriving regional health system in Southeastern Pennsylvania comprised of six hospitals and over 11,000 team members. Tower Health hospitals offer a dedication to care excellence and professional recognition that includes a Level I Trauma Center accredited hospital, Magnet® designation, HIMSS Stage 7, and many other accolades. Elevate your career by leading an applications team in a progressive health system committed to Advancing Health and Transforming Lives. Join the transformation.
The Applications Director is a full time position with Reading Hospital Tower Health in West Reading, Pennsylvania. Relocation is offered for this position.
Your leadership as Applications Director will be vital in driving transformation and the evolution of the Epic electronic health record with Epic revenue cycle teams. Your contributions may include:
- Initiating and achieving change by planning, brainstorming, and unflinchingly challenging the status quo.
- Providing and fostering exemplary provider-centric customer focus.
- Engaging and empowering the user community proactively through cultivating strong relationships and advanced redesign and standardization of technology.
- Leading and developing a team to enhance and support assigned applications. Playing a major role in engagement, development, staffing allocation, performance appraisals, and pay reviews of staff.
- Evaluating, planning, coordinating, and supervising activities related to the design, development, implementation and maintenance of assigned applications.
- Delivering solutions that ensure compatibility and integration with hospital strategies and business plans while establishing standards and guidelines for improving the applications development process.
- Establishing effective communication across technical and non-technical departments to identify key plan tasks and due dates. Participating in planning and managing project schedules and budget and ensuring that technical projects follow those plans.
- Relevant experience in a hospital setting is paramount to success. Experience in hospital applications management or leading teams in operations with an understanding of a broad cross-section of revenue cycle processes and data/terminology.
- Applications leadership experience with any major HIT vendor (Epic, Siemens/Cerner, McKesson, MEDITECH, etc.) is required. Epic experience preferred.
- An understanding of systems development life cycle required. Proven ability to understand, analyze, design, and problem solve process/workflow and develop creative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to and understand the needs of different groups, make persuasive presentations, inspire employees, effectively negotiate with a wide variety of stakeholders, sell ideas, influence others, and lead change in a collegial manner.
- Ability and proven success in effectively interacting and building relationships with individuals at all levels (direct reports, peer level, C-suite, providers, department leaders, vendors, etc.).
- Track record of strong customer focus. Empathy, collaboration, and consensus building are key for this position.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to convey information clearly, accurately, and timely in consideration of audience and medium. Proficiency with MS Office suite required.
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree. Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.