Develops and defines Enterprise Architecture strategy models for business applications. Builds, integrates and manages enterprise technology platforms that align with the company's goals, objectives and direction.
- Coaches, leads, mentors and delegates work in order to facilitate the development of junior associates.
- Fosters high performing technical teams to deliver best of breed solutions for the ServiceMaster family of brands
- Leads meetings with peer architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas.
- Resolves technological disagreement with informed, rational debate.
- Crafts solutions that align with corporate initiatives, IT strategy and provide overall improvement to the environment.
- Review and approved assessments and develops joint recommendations on technical decisions and key architecture (such as web solution or technical architectures and system landscapes) by partnering with vendors, project team members and key subject matter experts
- Review and approve technical design document gaining consensus on the components of the solution from SME’s (Subject Matter Experts), the Project Manager and management
- Review and approve architecture documents and artifacts from templates working with extended IT and business teams
- Leads in the development and execution of IT governance process.
- Compares, contrasts and prioritizes among alternative approaches to meet those objectives while assessing risk both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Review and approve business cases targeting IT executives.
- Develops and reviews technical statements of work, key presentations targeting all levels of staff (e.g. IT executives, business/technology managers, developers, system administrators, etc), research findings (PowerPoint), architectural diagrams (Visio) and supporting details in (Excel)
- Influences and communicates effectively with non-technical audiences including senior product and business management
- Navigates between highly varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to product strategy to high level technical design to detailed technical design to implementation
- Researches and introduces best practice frameworks/capability models tailored for the environment that will control costs, provide higher quality and/or increase predictability of service delivery
- Responsible for the overall solution design as it relates to the project deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field, 10 years of experience in Information
- Technology or an architectural role or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required
- Must have experience in leading, building and implementing a large scale transition to Enterprise Information Architecture including application development, integration and data integration/data exchange
- Must have an expert level competency in at least one of the Enterprise architecture frameworks (Zachman, TOGAF, other)
- Professional IT Architect certification, preferred
- Strong expertise in many areas of technology
- Strong ability to rapidly learn new techniques and technologies and apply them
- Generally recognized as a qualified expert in information and data management methodology and technique
- Strong ability to analyze, consolidate and communicate complex topics to all levels of staff (including but not limited to IT executives, business/technical managers, developers and system administrators) in verbal and written form
- Strong detail orientation, follow-through capabilities and escalation of key issues
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Good relationship management and negotiation abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of technical and non- technical staff
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing business needs