SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 95,000 employees in 130 countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
The IT Business Analyst & Software Support Supervisor oversees operations and day-to-day activities of the IT Business Analysis team personnel in the US and Canada.
You will collaborate with internal stakeholders to analyze, compile and document project requirements, working with infrastructure and design/development teams to manage multiple projects throughout the project life-cycle.
- Determines and defines project scope and objectives.
- Bridges business system requirements from the end user to functional implementation of technical solutions.
- Identifies resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Prepares budget based on scope of work and resource requirements; tracks project costs to meet the budget.
- Develops and manages a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Manages contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Measures project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- In collaboration with other IT teams, writes and maintains user documentation; Help Desk Knowledge Base articles and assets; and internal IT support documentation.
- Assists Manager, Software Support NAM in establishing goals and performance review of the IT Business Analysis team employees.
- Serves as department representative on the SGS committees and projects.
- Provides project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Utilizes industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Monitors progress and makes adjustments as needed.
- Works with business stakeholders to manage User Acceptance Testing.
- Conducts interviews and provides input on hiring new staff and performance of the team members.
- Coaches team members on career development and training requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Education and Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science or in a related discipline.
- 7 years of technical experience, including 4 years of experience in data or IT tool implementation and business experience.
- Minimum 1 year IT supervisory experience.
- LIMS software and ERP application systems experience.
- Experience writing technical design, business requirement, and analysis documents.
- Project management experience.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) certification preferred.
- English – Advanced level proficiency required, French and/or Spanish preferred.
- Computer Skills required:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel)
- Working knowledge of MS operating systems and applications.
- Understanding of Database and Application architecture.
- Business Process Design
- Relational Database
- Ability to facilitate workshop sessions, including creating the materials that will be used to facilitate discussion and asking the right questions to gather a refined understanding of stakeholder needs.
- Translation of business requirements to system requirements in the right level of detail to clearly communicate system impacts or development needs.
- Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with clients (in-house users) and 3rd party vendors via telephone, email, IM, and in person
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Travels up to 15% of time. Some travel might be international.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.