We are only accepting applications from local candidates at this time.
This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity with ample room for growth.
** All applicants should be eligible to work for any employer in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future. **
What you will be doing:
- Monitoring the organization's servers, networks, and computer systems for irregularities and performance issues. Appropriately communicating items to management, business process owners, and users.
- Assessing system data and error logs, along with user reports, to determine areas for improvement or repair.
- May also determine when systems or servers are due for upgrades.
- Conducts research on desktop platforms, software, hardware and supporting products to evaluate and provide recommendations to IT management and leadership.
- Ensuring end points are secured, patched and managed appropriately.
- Reviewing, modifying, and expanding upon current IT policies and procedures to ensure that the department operates effectively and reliably. In some cases, developing new IT policies and procedures.
- Ensuring daily business operations are conducted in a secure and efficient manner. Able to lead the identification and implementation of process improvements to improve security and efficiency of operations.
- May develop guides for users and technicians, such as FAQ documents or employee handbooks for IT department personnel.
- Assisting Director with problem solving and implementation of solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience as an IT and/or IT Operations Manager overseeing a team of 3-5 employees minimum.
- Experience working in an environment requiring HIPAA, SOX, or PCI compliance is strongly preferred.
- Previous managerial experience.
- Demonstrated ability to perform failure analysis and determine corrective actions for restoring production applications and preventing future issues.
- We need someone who can problem solve and identify root causes while communicating with all levels of personnel across the organization.
- Maintains a strong sense of urgency supporting day-to-day on-call support, issue resolution, development, and maintenance of software applications.
- Establishes and maintains effective business processes and procedures using a continuous improvement mindset to ensure efficient and consistent operations.
- Strong judgement and time leadership skills
- Ability communicating with clarity and precision both written and verbally with compelling presentation skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.