IT Portfolio Manager – VMF Servicing and Accounting
At Clayton, Portfolio management includes identifying, prioritizing, authorizing, and managing projects, programs and other related work to achieve specific strategic business objectives. Aligns with organizational strategies by selecting the right programs or projects, prioritizing the work, and providing the needed resources. It balances conflicting demands between programs and projects, allocates resources based on organizational priorities and capacity, and manages to achieve the benefits identified.
Treats the IT projects that are planned and in-progress as individual investments. Responsible for influencing an organization to make decisions on which projects to undertake. Tracks in-progress projects to elevate risks and issues, recommends stopping projects if they are not forecasted to achieve the value originally promised. Stopping projects should be a steering committee or Sr. Management decision. Demands that the Portfolio Manager continuously keeps in mind include Project Status, Health, Risks, budget, and opportunities.
- Manages portfolio management team, typically comprised of product owners, business analysts and quality assurance team to manage the IT Portfolio and deliver quality results within established budgets and within approved schedules.
- Organizes and promotes project management disciplines and associated delivery of results for key initiatives and business services.
- Manages/oversees project management and deliverables for the program, project and/or portfolio.
- Develops core project/program practices with a primary focus on driving business results through project management and the delivery of key projects.
- Develops and implements strategies and best practice action/implementation plans to develop the IT Portfolio Services.
- Ensures that projects follow the established methodologies and are auditable.
- Accountable for developing clear and concise requirements for delivery team.
- Oversees and manages key cross-enterprise relationships.
- Facilitates the annual project/financial planning process.
- Identifies, secures and oversees the appropriate level of project management resources for projects.
- Plans and drives execution of the major strategic projects of the program, working cross-functionally to manage risks, cost, quality, and rollout over the duration, identifying and resolving concerns or blockers as they arise.
- Collaborate with business to lead change and optimize the business model through automation and package solutions.
- Drives innovation and creative solutions that deliver business results while meeting IT operational guidelines.
- Provides overall vision, direction, goals and operating practices that promote a high performing team. Conducts performance reviews, merit planning, coaching and handling performance/discipline issues. Mentors and develops staff through regular communication, training, coaching and succession planning. Guides and leads the team through change. Manages recruiting, employee relations, staff recognition and retention.
- Implements and improves processes related to the company’s portfolio and project management
- Matures and implements project management best practices, theories and concepts and ensures that these practices are used among project teams.
- Prepares and tracks budgets.
- Develop tools, methodology best practices and templates for project deliverables.
- Measures and monitors team efficiency, productivity, and improvement opportunities through metrics.
- Program management experience, working independently in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholder groups in a large, multi-team environment
- Sharp, energetic, assertive, results-oriented and able to shift gears when needed in a rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to present ideas, collaborate effectively and influence at all levels of the organization
- Creativity and flexibility in analytical skills to facilitate leveraging solutions for positive outcomes
- Excellent, clear and concise communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking to complement strong tactical execution skills
- Strong perspective, understanding, and sensitivity towards company business issues
- Strong understanding of project planning tools; Microsoft Project/Project Server a plus
- Strong technical, data and analytics skills; SQL experience a big plus
- Demonstrated ability to use the principles and practices of project and program management
- Strong communicator, influential, creative, ability to multi-task, leader, team player
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in written English
- Distills and presents information to senior leaders
- Leads and motivates others
- Business analysis skills, with the ability to forecast implications and provide consultative recommendations and solutions
- Sets priorities, meets deadlines and manages projects
- Flexibly adapts to a changing environment
- Understands processes, key measurements, operating level targets etc.
- Leads, makes decisions and drives results that positively affect productivity, efficiency, overall customer service levels, and enhance company profitability.
- Demonstrates a passion for change and continual improvement and ability to effectively lead/drive change
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
- Master's degree or other certification preferred
- Project Management certification (e.g., PMP, Agile Certified Scrum Master (CSM) PRINCE2)
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off days and holidays
- Wellness Programs and On-site fitness facility
- On-site restaurant
- Team Share Quarterly Bonus