Strategic Sourcing Specialist II (IT Procurement)
As the Strategic Sourcing Specialist II, you will be being responsible for technology and service acquisitions within the Technology group and work with a variety of groups to understand the procurement requirements and negotiation strategies for various projects. You will get the opportunity to manage sourcing processes from beginning to end and act as a “product consultant” to provide solutions for new products and services to meet business needs.
- Establishing and managing relationships with internal customers/stakeholders.
- Supporting IT initiatives by understanding all processes and stakeholders within the IT Organization.
- Managing the RFI/RFP process that includes organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results
- Initiating, reviewing and negotiating contracts (NDAs/MSAs/EULAs) and consult with sourcing manager and/or legal as needed.
- Managing daily IT hardware/software request and issue POs as needed.
- Obtaining quotes, comparing and negotiating pricing.
- Will work with the enterprise to understand the procurement requirements and negotiation strategies for assigned projects as well as collaborate with project teams to align project costs.
- Review for coding, pricing and information accuracy.
- Follow each order to ensure all items are received.
- Inform customers of PO issuance and any other details regarding orders.
- Participating in savings tracking, supplier development, and service improvements.
- Assist in developing statements of work (SOW).
- Analyze SOWs and appropriate content to advise business unit representatives and technology representatives as to the validity and appropriate content.
- Build relationships with key Tech vendors and follow required sourcing policies and procedures.
- Experience in technology purchasing (products and services) preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent – preferably in technology or a business-related field
- Aptitude for handling multi-dimensional, complex processes and/or projects with the ability to identify specific examples (this experience may have been exhibited while functioning in a non-technical role).
- Ability to work as part of a team and leading sourcing efforts
- Possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills: be able to understand and communicate complex topics with simplicity across organizational boundaries and up/down the management chain
- Have the proven ability to establish, maintain and manage valuable and genuine internal/external business relationships
- Be able to support IT initiatives by understanding all processes and stakeholders within the IT Organization
- Actively collaborate with EAs, SAs and POs on new projects/ initiatives as assigned
- Have experience working with business units as a” product consultant” to help determine new and/or better products/services to meet their requirements
- Actively identify, analyze and recommend alternative solutions to successfully meet business priorities or streamline processes
- Be committed to learning from senior Strategic Sourcing team members and will actively seek opportunities to work with them
- Be adaptable and able to make decisions in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrate accountability; be willing to take measured risks and to own outcomes
- Be an alliance builder - Able to build and maintain the trust of others; possess impeccable integrity; honor commitments and exceed expectations
- Have strong organizational skills. Be able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off days and holidays
- Wellness Programs and On-site fitness facility
- On-site restaurant
- Team Share Quarterly Bonus
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804
JobCategory: Information Technology