Manage all aspects of the design, development and implementation of projects / program that are complex and cross functional.
- Manage the planning, analysis, design, development, implementation, and satisfaction of project requirements ACROSS multiple inter-dependent projects.
- Provide management and strategic direction to a project team and shares responsibility (with Business Partner(s)) for all the project(s) development, budgets and schedules with assigned project managers
- Create, monitor, and update a detailed program plan that captures the critical path based on the inter-dependent project tasks
- Manages Project Managers to establish work plan for each phase of each project across the Program
- Establish goals, negotiates project commitments and develops project /program plans
- Coordinate development and gain approval of the business and technical requirements documents and project/program scope definition
- Coordinate the formulation and definition of technical scope and objectives in collaboration with technical subject matter experts
- Represent the company with contractors, suppliers, customers, departments, and other parties as required
- Direct and coordinate activities of program personnel, including outsourced or offshore staff, to ensure projects/program progress is on schedule and within budget
- Monitor, measure, and report on program progress to management and clients
- Manage all program resources including staff; identify, document and assign project roles and reporting relationships.
- Champion the development models in use by ServiceMaster, including SDLC, SDLC Lite and Demand Management
- Drive Risk, Issue
- and Project metrics in accordance to SDLC and PMO directives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering (or equivalent background)
- 8 to 10 years of IT experience; 3 to 5 years of demonstrated management/supervisory experience in medium to large project systems development
- Experience creating a detailed project/program plan(s) which includes: charter, scope, program management approach, management plans, statement of work, cost estimates, schedule, performance measurement baselines, milestones and target dates, risk management plans, quality management plans, project/program change control plans, open issues, action items, and supporting detail
- Proven Ability to work with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels
- Proven ability to work with outside vendors, auditors, etc.
- Expert knowledge of project management tools
- Expert Knowledge of project management best practices (SDLC)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving / analytical skills, tools and techniques
- Excellent decision-making skills
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.