Hardware/Software/Technical Solutions Procurement Specialist
As the Strategic Sourcing Specialist III, you will be being responsible for technology and service acquisition and work with VIT/Engineering/SW in a variety of groups to understand the procurement requirements and negotiation strategies for various projects. You will get the opportunity to manage sourcing processes from beginning to end and act as a "product consultant' to provide solutions for new products and services to meet business needs.
Act as a subject matter expert for VIT/Engineering/SW engagements and activities, including but not limited to: interpreting complex publisher licensing rules; working with development and engineering project teams to optimize software and hardware requirements related to specific server infrastructure.
* Establishing and managing relationships with internal customers/stakeholders.
* Supporting IT initiatives by understanding all processes and stakeholders within the VIT/Engineering/OSS Organization.
* Managing the RFI/RFP process that includes organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results
* Initiating, reviewing and negotiating contracts (NDAs/MSAs/EULAs) and consult with sourcing manager and/or legal as needed.
* Managing daily VIT/Engineering hardware/software request and work with buyers to issue PO's.
* Obtaining quotes, comparing and negotiating pricing.
* Will work with the enterprise to understand the procurement requirements and negotiation strategies for assigned projects as well as collaborate with project teams to align project costs.
* The specialist will be responsible for all aspects of IT hardware procurement as well as software licensing and maintenance renewals.
* The specialist will be well versed in IT contracts, licensing, SLA management, contracting and compliance governance related to deployed IT assets.
* Provide analytical input to total cost of ownership to Varian strategies. Strategic planning and reporting to budget needs
* Deliverables to savings and projects as assigned for FY
* Recommend new supply chain sources, and expert source of supply chain to Stakeholders
Oversee Purchase Order execution
* Working with Buyers to provide documentation for PO creation
* Participating in savings tracking, supplier development, and service improvements.
* Assist in developing statements of work (SOW).
* Analyze SOWs and appropriate content to advise business unit representatives and technology representatives as to the validity and appropriate content.
* Build relationships with key Tech vendors and follow required sourcing policies and procedures.
* Experience in technology purchasing (products and services) preferred. 8-10 years
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent - preferably in technology or a business-related field
* Aptitude for handling multi-dimensional, complex processes and/or projects with the ability to identify specific examples (this experience may have been exhibited while functioning in a non-technical role).
* Ability to provide detailed analytical updates and presentations
* Excellent Negotiation skills to manage small- and large-scale corporate agreement.
* Expert level knowledge of software licensing and hardware/software maintenance renewals
* Expert knowledge of critical IT/engineering/legal contracts terms & conditions
* Advanced understanding of information technology & ITIL structured IT framework
* Advanced knowledge of server technology, server core configurations & virtualization
* Excellent oral communications skills for work with vendors and internal customers
* Excellent written communications skills
* Demonstrated project leadership and project management skills
* Ability to work as part of a team and leading sourcing efforts
* Possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills: be able to understand and communicate complex topics with simplicity across organizational boundaries and up/down the management chain
* Have the proven ability to establish, maintain and manage valuable and genuine internal/external business relationships
* Be able to support IT initiatives by understanding all processes and stakeholders within the IT Organization
* Actively collaborate with Engineers, project managers and IT team on new projects/ initiatives as assigned
* Have experience working with business units as a' product consultant' to help determine new and/or better products/services to meet their requirements
* Actively identify, analyze and recommend alternative solutions to successfully meet business priorities or streamline processes
* Be adaptable and able to make decisions in an ambiguous environment
* Demonstrate accountability; be willing to take measured risks and to own outcomes
* Be an alliance builder - Able to build and maintain the trust of others; possess impeccable integrity; honor commitments and exceed expectations
* Have strong organizational skills. Be able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.