Strategic Sourcing Specialist I
Technology Strategic Sourcing Specialist I will learn and execute the technology sourcing process from beginning to end with comprehensive oversight from senior Strategic Sourcing team members.
- Possess an aptitude for problem solving and communication
- Possess a customer focused, solutions-oriented mindset
- Demonstrate critical thinking and a keen attention to detail in all job duties
- Brainstorm creative approaches to business challenges with the proven ability to pick up detail-intensive tasks quickly
- Have a basic understanding of procurement/ purchasing concepts, life-cycle activities, and the ability to follow required strategic sourcing policies and procedures
- Have a basic understanding of the RFI/RFP process
- Be comfortable with continual oversight by sourcing manager
- Manage daily IT hardware/software requests and issue POs as needed. Obtain quotes, compare and negotiate pricing
- Be able to manage POs: Review for coding, pricing and information accuracy. After POs are cut, follow each order to ensure all items are received. Inform customers of PO issuance and any other details regarding orders
- Manage coding, delivering and tracking invoices
- Participate in savings tracking and service improvements
- A basic applied knowledge of SharePoint and Manage Engine is also beneficial
- Experience in technology purchasing (products and services) preferred.
- High school diploma required; Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Technology or Business desirable
- Aptitude for handling multi-dimensional, complex processes and/or projects with the ability to identify specific examples. This experience may have been exhibited while functioning in a non-technical role
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Business Acumen - Able to make decisions in an ambiguous environment; Willingness to take measured risks and to own outcomes.
- Alliance Builder - Able to build and maintain the trust of others; Impeccable integrity; Honors commitments and exceeds expectations; Able to establish and maintain valuable and genuine business relationships
- Strong organizational skills. Able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804
Job Category: Information Technology