1. Configure and manage customer workstation, portable computing devices and peripherals (Following defined imaging and deployment processes) (20%)
2. Perform daily support (moves, adds, changes, etc.) for desktops, laptops, peripheral equipment and other IT related hardware (ex. VOIP Phones, A/V support as applicable for your region, etc.) (15%)
3. Manage installation of desktops, laptops, peripheral equipment and other IT related hardware (10%)
4. Training users in various situations, educating them regarding use of hardware, its software and related systems. Training would be brief, one-on-one, small group, ad-hoc and hands on "How-to" instructions (10%)
5. Perform lifecycle upgrades and projects as directed (10%)
6. Manage priorities based on Service requests and incident tickets while regularly updating tickets to reflect work performed (5%)
7. Troubleshoot and repair hardware and/or Software for desktops, laptops, peripheral equipment and other IT related hardware (Tier 1/2) (5%)
8. Coordinate activities with third party vendors as needed (Order fulfillment, Warrantees, Project Needs, Vendor relations / feedback, and so forth) (5%)
9. Provide appropriate visibility of costs related to service requests and comply to approval requirements (5%)
There will be opportunity for Overtime in common occurance.
Looking to convert to full time employee.
6 mile of walking today on average and able to carry 35 pounds.
Able to be efficient typer.
* Ability to manage users and PC's using Active Directory preferred
* Proficient in Microsoft suite of applications (Windows 7, Microsoft Office 365 and one drive)
* Ability to perform IT hardware and software diagnostics and repairs (Laptops, desk tops, mobile computing devices, peripherals, IP Phones, handheld scanners, etc.)
* Ticketing experience is preferred
* Ability to configure, use and maintain CISCO IP Phones
* Effective cable management skills to maintain organized work stations and data closets
* Ability to adapt and learn new technologies as needed
* Strong written and verbal skills
* Problem Solving skills including Trouble shooting techniques
* Strong customer service focused skills
* Strong organization and time management skills
* High level of professionalism during interactions with customers and vendors
* Using PC Images to configure computers for deployment / redeployment
* Experience with platforms and applications (e.g, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook/Office365, Internet Explorer, Windows 10, Active Directory, Virtual Private Network (VPN), MobilePASS (one-time password software authentication solution for VPN access)
* Experience using Help Desk ticketing software to manage service tickets
* Basic written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
* Basic problem solving and troubleshooting techniques
Education and Experience: Preferred Associate's Degree or equivalent in or technical degree/certificate in related discipline
Preferred 4 Years years experience previous IT hardware/software experience Required Licenses and Certifications: Other: CompTIA A+ certification
Degree not required, but must have 2+ years of relevant work experience
EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS, TECHNICAL PROBLEM SOLVING, FAST LEARNER, EXCELLENT ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS, QUEUE MANAGEMENT
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERICAL, COMPUTER PHONE, DESKTOP PC SUPPORT, TIME MANAGEMENT, SELF-STARTER, PROBLEM SOLVER, TROUBLE TICKETS, MICROSOFT WINDOWS, EXCELLENT PC SKILLS, CUSTOMER SERVICE, REPRESENTATIVE, CUSTOMER INTERACTION
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.